Folding adjustable levers from china

The levers usually are perfectly fine. The only issue that I keep seeing from these levers is that the color fades.

Yea, that seems to be the issue with most of these cheap anodized Chinese products.

I bought some metal caps for my tire valves. They came anodized black and looked really nice. Now (about a year later) two of them look purple instead of black :cuss:

Function and fit should be fine but yes, the anodizing will fade. I bought black levers two years ago but I don't have "black" ones now. They are more a light gunmetal gray. But they still work perfectly fine! ;) I may just have them powder coated at some point.

post a photo when u fit em if u get a chance would luv to see em thanks again.

Here's a pic of mine bought last summer. I had also read that they fade rapidly, that is why I opted for the grey. I figured it would possibly fade less, and be less noticeable when it did fade.

Now that they are a year old they are still grey, just a bit lighter then when I bought them, but there is no purple'ish hew like faded black will get, or pink like faded red ones will get.

picture.php

picture.php

Here's a pic of mine bought last summer. I had also read that they fade rapidly, that is why I opted for the grey. I figured it would possibly fade less, and be less noticeable when it did fade.

Now that they are a year old they are still grey, just a bit lighter then when I bought them, but there is no purple'ish hew like faded black will get, or pink like faded red ones will get.

picture.php

picture.php

Hi
How do you get on with them? I founf some of the nuts seem a bit loose but wont tighten anymore? They are nylock so im sure they wont come off. Also did you find the break lever had to be pulle further back to activate the break light thank the stock ones ?
Just put them on so will see how they ride tomoz

im well pleased with them the colour is almost a perfect match!

how do i tell if they are powder coated ?

I really, really doubt they are powder coated. All of those levers are typically anodized. Plus in their original eBay ad it says they are anodized ;)

Back