Flush mount leds not working

I went to cycle gear today and bought the motrax led flush mounts for the front. I also got the indy clips that click right in the stock clip so there is no cutting and sodering. Well I got the lights plugged in and turned the key on. First I thought the lights only came on when the blinker was activated? Well with the bike only 4 bulbs are steadily on. When I hit the blinker it barely flashes. It seems as if It is starved for power. And yes I switched the wires around and it didnt work at all. Thanks for any input

If you replaced the regular turn signals with LED lights you need to add something that will load the circuit. LED's don't draw enough current to make the flasher work. If it's only a matter of a light going on, like a running light there is usually no problem as long as the polarity is correct. See if they have any device to "load" the circuit when replacing incandescent bulbs with LED's.

Well I found the issue. The indy leads I got from cycle gear were the wrong ones. I ended up stripping back the wires and just sodering them and now it works great. i appreciate all the input.

Back