Flies or no flies?

mjfreuland

So I just wanted to know if it's better to mod the flies or to take them out all the way? I have done the air box mod, shortened gytr slip on, gutted cat, pc3, k&n filter, 16/47 gearing. And if it is better to take them out is there a certain map i should load on my pc3?

Ivan did extensive testing with stock flies, no flies and modded flies of several differing sizes. The end result is that he'd never recommend no flies as it was detrimental to performance on the 4 - 6k RPM range while yielding better performance in the 8k+ range where we don't always live. The majority of riding is within the mid-range. Copperdog made a video on how to mod your own plates if you do not want to buy them. I used his video to mod my own. You can as well. :tup: I also have been accepting stock plates, modding them and sending them out as a pay-it-forward, so long as I get your stock plates back. I have two sets on hand that I need to mod and send out after vacation. Let me know if you are interested and I'll add you to the list. :D

Haha I totally would, but I already modded mine. Guess I forgot to add that little one. I was just looking for something to do on my 3 day weekend but that's for the help!

Back