Five RFX2 - New For 2014

Dustin

I just ordered a new summer glove and thought I'd share it with y'all. I am a big fan of Five Gloves : Gants de Moto & Accessoires out of France. I have tried on every brand of gloves under the sun and nothing fits me like Five Gloves do. My current summer glove is a Five RFX New but I was looking for something with the same outstanding comfort and feel as my current gloves but with higher degree of protection.

I was at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show this past weekend and had intended to purchase something from Racer based on Doug's recommendation. Unfortunately, they don't fit me well and so I passed on them. Luckily, Five has released a whole bunch of new models for 2014 and I saw the updated RFX2 at the show on display and it was exactly what I was looking for in a full gauntlet sport-touring glove. The key attractions for me are the palm slider, carbon knuckle guard, and joined third & fourth fingers.

I'll post up some impressions when I get them but I already know they will fit perfectly in my size as every other Five glove has. It's really nice when you finally find a brand or brands that fit you perfectly, it makes all the difference.

Last edited:
They look nearly identical to my Alpinestars (I forget the model). I like them in the cooler weather.

The company was actually founded by an ex Alpinestars designer so that would make sense. These are very similar to the Alpinestars SP2 except for the fit and the palm slider, I think

Those do look sweet. I can't wait for Spring to test out the Racer gloves I bought a month back. How much did you get those for Dustin?

$140 taxes in at my local guy. That's in Canuck Shillings

Now I have the RFX2 for summer riding, the RFX New as a backup and my waterproof, insulated WFX1 that I use most of the year for rain & cold.

GFR20%2BBLK.jpg
GFW01%2BBLK.jpg

Last edited:
I picked my gloves up today and they are bloody fantastic. Nice quality leather and lots of great details. The interior liner is very soft. Very comfortable gloves.

Looking forward to breaking them in on a ride! Be gone, winter!

Last edited:
Back