First track day- putnam park

oldschoolsdime92

I did my first track day this weekend.Let me start first with great praise to STT. Those folks were awesome. The classroom end of things was very informative.I had no idea what I was doing, or what I was getting into. All I knew was that I'd signed up to ride on a race track(which was more badass than I ever expected).They walked you through everything. They answered questions no matter how stupid it may have sounded. They were great. The riding coachs were incredible. I learned more from these guys in a day, than I have in 5 years on the

I wasn't fast, I had terrible lines, I didn't do any knee dragging or any good passing( everyone passed me) :lol: But I learned a ton, had the best time I've ever had on a motorcycle in my entire life, and I can't wait to go back again, and improve upon what I learned. Heres the videos. Criticize away, give me some food for thought, things to try, or whatever else you wanna throw in! I can't wait to hit the track again.

novice class putnam fz1 - YouTube

putnam park novice class fz1 - YouTube

Here's me being chased by helmutt on the zx1400... Held him off for awhile . Slipped up in turn 10
Putnam Park Trackday 8 24 13 session 5 Novice - YouTube

Last edited:
Thanks for posting. Never have done a track day, and don't know if I ever will, but it was interesting to watch some of your video.

Now to go find out where Putnam Park is located...

Greene castle Indiana. About 45 min west of Indy. I don't know how far you watched into the videos, but the last ones my favorite. Sorry for all the sitting on the grid. The white ninja 300 is the filmers wife.

Were you there Saturday? I was there on Sunday and didn't see another FZ. I have to also praise Sportbike track time. All the coaches were awesome and I learned alot on my first track day. Thanks for posting the videos makes me want to buy a go pro. Are you by chance going to Grattan in MI?

I was only there saturday. :-/ No I won't be going to gratten. I may hit barber once winter sets in here in ohio.

No ones had any particular convo with me... I'm all ears! What's the secret !

Back