first post

well its my first post so im not sure how to upload pics but here we go.
the mods i have so far are custom paint, copperdog speed screen. crg bar end mirrors, polished rims, scorpion slip on, and cut secondary flies. hopefully the pics work.mybike1.jpg

mybike2.jpg

mybike5.jpg

mybike4.jpg

Good lookin' ride!.....(and there goes my idea of being original by using a copper based color as a paint color for the FZ).

Welcome to the forum!

BroHay

Isn't copper a great color! Very nice ride. Are you going to apply decals to the tank? I think a black "Yamaha" would go sweet with the color scheme. Welcome to the group. Glad to have you aboard. Billy.

Well, that is what I get for dragging my feet to paint the bike. Have to ask, do you work in a paint/body shop?

BroHay

Last edited:
well as far as decals ive decided against it. im going for the clean uncluttered look.
and brohay i do work in a resto/rod shop from time to time. the main reason this got done is my boss owed me money. nothin like gettin a 2k paint job for about five hundred.

ok....does he owe you anymore?? I'll pay the difference for a Gen I paint job??!

I knew that it looked to attention to detail for just a blow-n-go spray job....not that there are old schoolers who are fast and do amazing work.

I been threating for a few months now to give a go at it.....just can't put the bike down in this great weather before it gets close to the 100's (but I'll still ride, in gear. Just have to go 20-30mph faster to keep :cool:)

BroHay

dude the best way to do it is first wait for winter, second tear it down and scuff it all yourself. check the body work like the front fender for witness marks from molding or if you dont care just take it to maco or some place like that. thats how i did it, tore it down and preped it myself. all he had to do was spray then cut and buff.
also its not exactly a perfect paint job, i mean why make it perfect when its going to kill bugs at tripple digits ya know.

Or, have a complete second set of skins (about 160.00 in it for fairing/tank (with dent)/ rear cowl). If I'm successful in dyi integrated turn signal, then I'll be putting on the various parts, and be somewhat frankensteinish......and that'll force me to get to spraying.

And you bring up a good point about killing bugs in triple digits....It'll be a good paint job AND still riden daily.....

BroHay

yeah my boss loved it when i said dont worry to much. i accually had to keep him from going over board on it, he tends to be a perfectionist.

man i wish i had a second set of body parts. then id come up with something completely off the wall as far as paint and body work.then i could have a bike for the shows and one for the goes.

That'll be my problem....knowing when to say when and shot the darn thing. Build up the paint to hide any imperfections......

but do you have any tips for the clear coat?

Thanks,
Adam

I just found out that my lowers are coming Thursday from FedEx Ground. I can't wait. I really want to have either some graphics done or just a set of nice race decals applied and then cleared over. I'll snap some pics when they arrive and then maybe someone could give some input.

about the only thing i can say for the clear coat is make sure your gun is clean. my boss was on the last coat when splat followed by an obcenity or two. as for myself ive never gotten past spray paint, i was just a metal fab guy in the shop.

Wow Adam, I just noticed that you may be heading for the \"Top Poster\" title soon if you keep it up. Also, what happened to the B.O.M.??

It is still there.....and getting ready to conclude for the month of May....you might have 1/2/3 in the bag with the corresponding credit prize for the month of June.....

BroHay

Back