First Mod Done!

harrisch

Hey Guys - got some CRG arrow mirrors in the mail yesterday... installed them on my bike today

pretty much im getting ready for my N conversion and wanted the bike to be legal so i could put it on right away. I didnt buy different bar ends or the CRG bar end adapter, instead, i picked up 2 brass collars for like 4 bucks and cut them to space the original bar end out the 1/2" or so required for the mirrors to fit without compressing on the throttle tube/grip

here is the result : sorry for the crappy phone pic

also in the works: Seats sent to eddie from fz1oa to get refoamed/padded and covered

N conversion light comes in tomorrow - sending it to rabbitman and were gonna try make an Fx-R fit :D

Last edited:
how do you like em or i should ask how do they work?they look sweet

so i havent gotten to take them out on a ride yet - still snowy up here and i need an oil change but here are some first impressions:

1. the mirror is definitely very well built - kinda expensive - 85 bucks a piece -- but the craftsmanship shows - nice sturdy construction, solid feedback in adjustment, nice hex screws, ball bears inside to adjust positioning.... and the mirror is definitely optically better than the standard yamaha ones

2. just sitting o nteh bike (no seat as its gone for repadding) - i definitely notice that my arms arent in the way nearly as much, and i can see wider and clearer.... will have to get back to you on how it is while riding as obviously these will turn with the bars whereas the stock mirrors do not

they attach the handlebar or bar end - its a 7/8" clamp pretty much --- with the stock bar ends they will not work without some tweaking, basically what i did was cut a collar from a brass pipe that spaced the bar ends out about the 1/2" needed for the mirror clamps - if you dont do this you cant tighten the bar ends all the way or the throttle will stick and the mirror will spin. Didnt feel like dropping another 50 bucks on bar ends so i went with the simple solution - and although i havent tested it, they seem pretty sturdy.

Back