first impressions

joeblowe

Maiden Voyage today.
What a great experience...
Impressions:
- the bike seems very light, I also own a Ducati ST2, and a Suzuki Madura 85. The fz feels very light when you shake it from side to side.
- probably has something to do with the first statement, but the bike feels very stable. I can stop for a few moments without putting my foot down.
- awesome engine. It could use a little more wompf right at the starting line.
- a got an adjustable dogbone (turnbuckle). Still trying to find the optimum heigth for my short stature.
- found the clutch & engine combination starting from a standstill a delight, she is a pussycat in traffic. The bike has the adjustable clutch lever.
- riding position seems confortable, have to log in some miles though.
- although the engine sound is awesome, did not detect any vibration on the bike.
- conclusion, I am absolutely thrilled with my acquisition.

You will be very happy with that adjustable clutch lever. I'm sure that you are familiar with them but they make riding much more pleasurable.
The most common upgrade is a slip on exhaust and then the engine really sounds nice.
Hope you enjoy your purchase - post up some pics and let us see what you got :cheers:

Maiden Voyage today.
What a great experience...
Impressions:
- the bike seems very light, I also own a Ducati ST2, and a Suzuki Madura 85. The fz feels very light when you shake it from side to side.
- probably has something to do with the first statement, but the bike feels very stable. I can stop for a few moments without putting my foot down.
- awesome engine. It could use a little more wompf right at the starting line.
- a got an adjustable dogbone (turnbuckle). Still trying to find the optimum heigth for my short stature.
- found the clutch & engine combination starting from a standstill a delight, she is a pussycat in traffic. The bike has the adjustable clutch lever.
- riding position seems confortable, have to log in some miles though.
- although the engine sound is awesome, did not detect any vibration on the bike.
- conclusion, I am absolutely thrilled with my acquisition.

Glad to hear it, I knew you would be. See you around town sometime, you have my #.

:welcome: and congrats! Glad to hear that the bike is that impressive coming from a Duc rider. :D My boss is all Italian bikes and I've been trying to get him on the FZ1 for a go... he's still not willing.

Back