First Hand Gun

Yet another pocket pistol....

Giving the DB9 a try. Yep, seen all the reviews, good and bad. Right now I plan to just go through all the pocket pistols until I find the one I like the best.

12908d1358249277-first-hand-gun-dsc04651.jpg

12909d1358249277-first-hand-gun-dsc04653.jpg

My problem with the LCP is the sights and the supper small grip make it a bit snappy when shooting. The grip size on the DB9 is much, much better for my hand. Will report back on it after I take it to the range.

So today I went and picked up a Springfield XDm 45, 3.8... It's an itty bitty little thing with the standard mag, but the extended mag makes it feel pretty damn nice... It's small enough to make it a CCW... But of course has that lively knock down power..

-- tablet

So today I went and picked up a Springfield XDm 45, 3.8... It's an itty bitty little thing with the standard mag, but the extended mag makes it feel pretty damn nice... It's small enough to make it a CCW... But of course has that lively knock down power..

-- tablet

I love the XDs. An XD 45 will likely be my next...but full size....

-- tablet

I love my XDm 9 4.5". The thing shoots so well, and I'm a novice shooter but can get all shots on target up to about 30 feet with fairly rapid fire.

Did you check out the XDs when looking at the XDm 45 3.8" (subcompact model? Just wondering your thoughts on the matter. I was thinking of getting the XDs as a conceal carry weapon, cause in AZ you don't need a CCW to do it anymore.

I love the XDs. An XD 45 will likely be my next...but full size....

That's what I was planning on... until I shot the 3.8 ... it was surprisingly well behaved and easy to control... I'll most likely use it with the extended mag 90% of the time... but, if I do decide to carry, it's a nice, small package.

I was also surprised by everything that came in the box....

Untitled+-+springfield-armory-xdm-compact-45acp-xdgear.jpg

Last edited:
Did you check out the XDs when looking at the XDm 45 3.8" (subcompact model? Just wondering your thoughts on the matter. I was thinking of getting the XDs as a conceal carry weapon, cause in AZ you don't need a CCW to do it anymore.

I did look at the XDs... and the local shop had one in stock.... and I could go on and on about why I chose the XDm over the XDs... but... this website does it for me pretty well: Springfield XDS vs. XDM Compact .45 – Range Report

Short version: With the XDm, you're buying two guns. One full sized service pistol, and one decent sized concealed carry... all in one package.

Yep, XD's come with a load of stuff. I ended up going with Surpa's for all my stuff, the weapon locks in. If you've never seen one go check em out. There 3 angle setting, I like the forward.

I did look at the XDs... and the local shop had one in stock.... and I could go on and on about why I chose the XDm over the XDs... but... this website does it for me pretty well: Springfield XDS vs. XDM Compact .45 – Range Report

Short version: With the XDm, you're buying two guns. One full sized service pistol, and one decent sized concealed carry... all in one package.

Thank you for the article link, very helpful as I was waffling between the compact XDm and the XDs. I think the fact you can have the extra rounds in the compact is definitely worth it. Especially after this youtube video from this week.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkl0gSOu3QM]MRCOLIONNOIR: President Obamas Executive Order Signing Speech - YouTube[/ame]

Giving the DB9 a try. Yep, seen all the reviews, good and bad. Right now I plan to just go through all the pocket pistols until I find the one I like the best.

12908d1358249277-first-hand-gun-dsc04651.jpg

My problem with the LCP is the sights and the supper small grip make it a bit snappy when shooting. The grip size on the DB9 is much, much better for my hand. Will report back on it after I take it to the range.

Shot the DB9 this morning for the first time. I am much more accurate with it than the LCP. The DB9 sights are so much better. Recoil is comparable to the LCP but more manageable for me due to the grip fitting my hand a bit better. The one thing I don't like is that it has no slide stop. Seems like you should be able to work such a thing in for little to no extra money. But like the LCP I have to rack it to load my next mag.

Sooooo.... And LCP may be up for sale soon.

You guys are very lucky

I have hunted and shot skeet most of my life. never owned a hand guna and never even had a desire to shot one. ....until recentlyly. I have been shopping for weeks and getting my hands on everything I can in the stores. My two favorite guns came down to the Glock 19 and the Beretta 92. I actually liked the Beretta better but could not justify spending $200

You guys are very lucky, I used to shoot a lot and owned a few shot guns and rifles but about 10 years ago some mad bugger killed 35 people in a small town (Port Arthur, Tasmania) about 45 minutes from where i live and not long after that guns where banned in Australia unless you owned land and had a good reason to have one or where a shooter that had written permission to shoot on their land... Now the only people with guns are criminals:cry:

Last edited by a moderator:
I have hunted and shot skeet most of my life. never owned a hand guna and never even had a desire to shot one. ....until recentlyly. I have been shopping for weeks and getting my hands on everything I can in the stores. My two favorite guns came down to the Glock 19 and the Beretta 92. I actually liked the Beretta better but could not justify spending $200

You guys are very lucky, I used to shoot a lot and owned a few shot guns and rifles but about 10 years ago some mad bugger killed 35 people in a small town (Port Arthur, Tasmania) about 45 minutes from where i live and not long after that guns where banned in Australia unless you owned land and had a good reason to have one or where a shooter that had written permission to shoot on their land... Now the only people with guns are criminals:cry:

So has that criminal only situation been identified in the press and recognized as a problem --- and recognized as a bad result of the gun ban --- with possible thoughts of legislatively changing the situation back to private gun ownership??

Many in the US are afraid that will happen here.

Sent from my iPhone

Many in the US are afraid that will happen here.

Sent from my iPhone

So true the laws they are trying to make in new jersey are just crazy. some of them are a home inspection by the local pd and being evaluated by a shrink before you can buy and want a medical history of every person living in the house.....

No the leaders of the nanny state we call australia are still blaming guns for all gun related problems.....

In Australia you have to own an approved gun safe and will get a visit once a year from your local PD to make sure its up to standard and all your weapons are registered and secure. You are not allowed to own semi automatic weapons unless you have a valid reason and fully auto is completely banned. I nearly cried when I had to hane over my gas operated semi auto SKB 12 gauge, a beautiful weapon I had owned for 25 years and shock horror in all those years I had managed to not go postal and shoot someone...

Last edited:

That's not entirely true.
You still own single shot rifles and even a hand gun.
You do however have to get a gun license and become a member of a rifle range and regularly shoot there.
The rifles can be kept at home in a locked safe but the handguns have to stay locked up at the rifle range.
Yes the criminals have guns and they use them regularly but it's generally on themselves and their drug selling mates and competition.

Sent from my SG3

I just got a Ruger P95. Bought it because its kinda cheap and everyone that has one loves it. Now I see why. Reliable, accurate, well built. It's not real small so it may not be a great carry gun, but many do.

Back