First Hand Gun

I would highly recommend that you shoot as many different guns as possible and check for things like hand size/ action and other things. dont go to a chain i.e. gander mountain, cabellas bass pro shops etc. I would also recommend if your are just getting one gun get one that would be easy to carry/conceal in case you change your mind, that way you dont have to go out and buy another gun if you want to carry. I carry a Bursa thunder 380 and I love it! its not too small but easy to carry and a load of fun to shoot, I can punch out quarters at 40 feet

Beretta has a $50 rebate until the end of the year on all PX4 and 90 series pistols.
Deprecated Browser Error

I picked up my PX4 Storm Type F .40 Wednesday morning. Got my CHL in the mail a week ago Thursday.

Looks like the handgun thing has gotten to you. A few months ago you had none - now...

I went through the same thing. Hadn't shot for a long time. Then a friend wanted to learn to shoot. I took her - taught her to shoot. She became very good. Decided she wanted to get ccw - so I did that with her. And then it started. She now owns four guns - and was afraid to even touch a gun last year! And I have added five guns to my collection - I'm almost ashamed to say.
You go to the gun shows and start relearning about what is out there - and you want to try them out. Especially true with me and CC guns. Trying different guns and carry techniques. It leads to more guns! But you always have the thinking that they are easily sold - so its not really a big deal or a big loss. Which is true - I have sold one which ended up being a not so good gun. You learn...

Hi guys, I'm following this interesting thread. I have a Beretta 92FS. This is like mine:
Beretta_92_FS.gif

It's a great hand gun, safe, precise, reliable, powerful. With it, I can hit a target like beer can at a distance of more than 60 meters.
The firing energy is more than 500 Joule but the backlash is very manageable. You can shoot more than 200 hits without get tired your arm or your wrist. I said it's a great gun, many armies choose it for this and other features that it has.

However I have a question: so in the US You can own a handgun that is armed with 9x19mm parabellum armored (FMJ) bullets ? Don't You ?

In Italy there is another version of the 92: the 98, that is armed with 9x21 non-armored bullets and the only one that you can own if You don't serve in a state armed corps.

Last edited:
All you need in life is a s&w 38 air weight to carry, and a s&w 357 mag for the house. I hate the plastic semi autos, and the thought of a semi auto failure if I was ever in a tight spot.

i like guns

in my opionion if you want a good all a round pistel for target and hunting ,self defense . you cant go wrong with a 1911 45. two stage triggers suck.
the most inportant thing is hitting what you aim at.

Just ordered my first gun today. :)
Beretta PX4 Storm Compact 9mm

I really like my Full Size PX4 .40. Dare I say even more than my Glock 19. Put about 200 rounds through it Sunday and it just plain feels good and is very accurate.

Here is the latest addition to my collection. Picked up Sunday. It is a Diamond Back DB-15 (AR15) in 5.56. I have no real need for a rifle but a few friends picked up AR-15s recently and I did not want to be left behind when they go to the 100 or 200 yard range.

Last edited:
You will like that weapon. if you havent already take the time to sight it in for you.

Sighted the hard flip ups Sunday and got to let a few rounds go. Of course that was an indoor 20 yrd. range. I need to sight the hard sights in at 50 - 100. Once I get good with the hard sights I will get a scope. Any suggestions on a good scope for 100 - 200 yard range? .....and what grain 5.56 would you but for that? All new to me.

I beleve it has to do with the twist in the barrel. If you gothe the bullet manf. web site that you plan to use they should have every thing you need to know to choose. I am pretty sure winchester has it on theirs. or just google 5.56

All you need in life is a s&w 38 air weight to carry, and a s&w 357 mag for the house. I hate the plastic semi autos, and the thought of a semi auto failure if I was ever in a tight spot.

I like your thinking.
I have the Airweight - good for concealed carry ... and this weekend nearly joined you when I found a very nice used Ruger 357. Didn't buy - but came darned close.
I have a Smith Model 14 in 38 Special for a house gun -- similar to yours but not 357. Maybe a swap coming up....
I know what you mean about auto's ... I own several. But .... they have their shortcomings, don't they. And they are always related to reliability and safety ... which in my mind are the most important issues for a personal protection gun. ......
Military? Police? Different story. Large mags ..throw lots of lead...carry lots of mags ... clear jams ... large bulky purpose designed holsters ...

well i have owned and shot a number of calibers, in varied manfs guns,
but other than a very old collector pistol, no blunder 9's in this house.

right now the number one pistol is a XD-40 ca nurtured. but with many mags close at hand.
but my best revolver is a 686. 8inch.

and what is "TABC 51%"? some alcohol code level?
i just understand
bar = drunks.
restaurant = food.
some "other" level of a bar in your state?

and shoot often with good ammo you will love your pistol.

I'm looking at getting an XD as well. I've been looking at various manufacturers, but I keep coming back.

Any info/experiences you wish to share?

Samsung Galaxy S3

Back