first GoPro vids

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y9IbgHvWdw&feature=youtube_gdata_player]‪FZ1 on Calaveras‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJh_N6HefE&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvJh_N6HefE&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Great vids Mike. I saw the first one on the other site yesterday and didn't realize until I saw another vehicle coming at you that it was a "two way" road. I thought at first that it was a "one way" road because it seemed so narrow and has no dividing lines painted down. Is it that "narrow" or is it just the camera lens making it appear that way? I don't know if I'd feel comfortable ruuning that particular road at speed. Be careful out there buddy!

Great vids Mike. I saw the first one on the other site yesterday and didn't realize until I saw another vehicle coming at you that it was a "two way" road. I thought at first that it was a "one way" road because it seemed so narrow and has no dividing lines painted down. Is it that "narrow" or is it just the camera lens making it appear that way? I don't know if I'd feel comfortable ruuning that particular road at speed. Be careful out there buddy!

Thanks Billy! This road is 2.5 miles from my home. It's narrow with lots of blind turns. Notice I park it in some of the corners. If Mikey can't see, Mikey slows down. If I can see through the corner, then I go faster. If it were a one way road, I would rock it much harder. This is the start of "the loop" Hunter-Scout talks about. I know this road well, but I ASSUME I know i will make an ASS out of myself and yoU can laugh at ME.

Nice! I just picked one of those up myself and mounted it on the bars. does a good job. Not sure what I think of the helmet cam approach, it doesnt give you a feel for the lean angle achieved as much as the bike mounted. How did you mount the camera for that behind the head shot?

PS that road reminds me of a road here in WV called Smokehole Road. Very dangerous but a thrill!

Nice! I just picked one of those up myself and mounted it on the bars. does a good job. Not sure what I think of the helmet cam approach, it doesnt give you a feel for the lean angle achieved as much as the bike mounted. How did you mount the camera for that behind the head shot?

PS that road reminds me of a road here in WV called Smokehole Road. Very dangerous but a thrill!

I have the SWMotech rack and full luggage set-up. I built a box frame using 2x4s attached a plywood base and attached that to the rack to achieve a higher POV. I agree about the helmet cam shots, but it's great when cruising and taking in the scenery.

I need to stabilize my top case to help reduce the bouncing. Locking onto the base plate with some rubber tubing underneath might work OK. I have a stock windscreen arriving this week so I can shoot through it. I also have some RAM parts coming to make it easier to mount. I'll be cheking out the chest mount while riding my GasGas soon.

Back