Finally took the plunge......Dedicated TRACK BIKE

Insurance will not cover any spills at the track. Frankly, I love that bike so much that I cannot enjoy my ride and push myself on the track for fear of screwing it up.

Yea, I share your sentiments. A dedicated track bike makes a lot of sense if so you can really push it w/o too many worries.

Great looking R1 Carl , , , !! I had a '06 Anniversary model and it was wicked fast . . . way too fast for an old geezer like me. ENJOY !!!!!!:D

Thank you.
I'm already shopping for upgrades. I have really been wanting to go with a speed shifter. I have never had the pleasure of driving a bike with one of those but I REALLY want one!!!
LOL
One of the reasons why I wanted this particular bike was the previous owner did a great job of setting it up so I won't go Mod Crazy like I have with my FZ1 .... I hope ... :Liar:

You got the R1! That bike looks rock solid. When are you going to try her out? I think ride smart is at TWS this weekend.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk

Thanks! I'm totally psyched! :D
I almost bought an R1 when I bought my FZ1 back in 08. It was real close but the FZ1 won out. It was just so comfortable and it has plenty of power. HAHAHA!!! As much as I like the FZ1 - It literally begs to be modded. I have never been so mod crazy on a bike as I have with this FZ1 so I tried to buy a track bike with as much done as possible (within price range).
Well there has always been this tiny little twinge of regret for passing on the R1. Don't get me wrong - I would pick the FZ1 again but the power and performance of the R1 is undeniable. So I'm really happy and I can't wait to get to the track. My schedule is so crazy that I'm not real sure when I am going but I am going to head to Cresson as soon as I can.
We should all get together and do a trackday :cheers:

Damn Carl! I am so jealous. I am not going back to the track until I have a dedicated bike but that will likely not be until next year. I will shop in the off season at the end of 2012.

Looking forward to some video!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks - I am really excited!!
I have the same feelings as you do. I don't want to wreck my FZ1 where a dedicated track bike can have some scratches and that is not a big deal.
In fact - I am still holding off on fixing the damage to my tank from that hit & run because the paint scheme of the FZ1 Skunk (or the FZ1 Bee) is so expensive that I can live with a dent for a while.

Insurance will not cover any spills at the track. Frankly, I love that bike so much that I cannot enjoy my ride and push myself on the track for fear of screwing it up.

Right!
Since I got a loan for this bike I have to get insurance. I tried to get a quote for running on the track = NO coverage. LOL I definitely agree that a dedicated track bike will allow someone to push themselves harder. Not to mention that you can upgrade in very specific ways. Meaning you can go ALL horsepower and torque and not worry about your morning commute & MPG. To me - that is another huge advantage.

:woot: spank her like a bad girl

I like that

spanking1.jpg

Thank you.
I'm already shopping for upgrades. I have really been wanting to go with a speed shifter. I have never had the pleasure of driving a bike with one of those but I REALLY want one!!!
LOL
One of the reasons why I wanted this particular bike was the previous owner did a great job of setting it up so I won't go Mod Crazy like I have with my FZ1 .... I hope ... :Liar:

I've got a extra one, can't remember if it is a push or pull however.

Picked up the R1 today: WooooHooooo!!!!! I hear the track calling my name!!!!

20120323_150553.jpg

20120323_182520.jpg

Fixed the trailer up with the Harbor Freight Wheel Chock. I think it's a big improvement from the stock tire rail.

20120322_182905.jpg

20120322_194327.jpg

I'm hoping to get a couple more marked off in the next couple of weeks.:sinister: My wife asked me what I want for our anniversary and my birthday(bath are coming up) I simply said, all I want in life is track time.

I'm hoping to get a couple more marked off in the next couple of weeks.:sinister: My wife asked me what I want for our anniversary and my birthday(bath are coming up) I simply said, all I want in life is track time.

I agree. My bike is on the trailer, ready to go. I hope in April I'll get out. Lots kid stuff coming up this year.

Sent from my LG-P925 using Tapatalk

Yes - my bike is still on the trailer also. I'm actually hoping that I will get a track day lined up soon enough to justify leaving it on the trailer. :sinister:

So what kind of cameras are you guys using?
I know that GoPro seems to be the most popular but I sure do like the looks of the Contour. There are several features that seem to make it a good choice. Only knock that I have heard is that it is not as easy to mount as the GoPro

Back