Finally set up for touring But.......

old rice

Well I started out building a sport touring bike out of my new in crate 08. Bar backs a bit bigger shield Real nice Saddlemen molded soft panniers with matching top bag. Also nice aluma rack and additional rack pack. Then I picked up this....

New in crate 08 FJR AE so that answers the sport touring issue. So I want to go back to a more agressive set up on the FZ. I am wondering if anybody has run their bars just turned down and a review of what they think of it. I love the rip on this bike but noticed right off that I didn't like the bar backs as the air flow issue sucks with the up right position. I am a tank hugger and if I can just get down some I think it will be perfect for me. Pics if ya got them.

Last edited:
So I want to go back to a more agressive set up on the FZ. I am wondering if anybody has run their bars just turned down and a review of what they think of it. I love the rip on this bike but noticed right off that I didn't like the bar backs as the air flow issue sucks with the up right position. I am a tank hugger and if I can just get down some I think it will be perfect for me. Pics if ya got them.

More aggressive? How about something like this...

DSCN2244.jpg

The FJR is much heavier than the FZ1, I had to think of something negative about the FJR because I miss mine ;)

That is an awesome new bike, congratulations.

Are you looking for someone who's converted to clip-ons? Perhaps some Gilles or Rizoma rearsets to be more aggressive there as well?

Are you looking for someone who's converted to clip-ons? Perhaps some Gilles or Rizoma rearsets to be more aggressive there as well?

No I was thinking of going back to stock height and turning the bar curve down. I like the ride position of the FZ1 but with bar backs it works for touring except you become a sail. Now I don't need the tour duty so without going to a lay out position I was wondering if anybody has just turned the bars down. I am headed out to the shop right now to try it.

PS the FJR is an awesome bike also, very stable and smooth at at 3 digits+

Back