Finally i Given It Some Stick ..

well i reached the 1000km service interval (actually - 927km) , so i changed the oil / oil filter , adjusted all the bits etc .
i taken my new FZ1N out for a decent ride , "boy 'o' boy" was i grinning :D i taken the FZ1N up to 11500RPM in each gear from 1st to 6th gear & it was so sweet & powerfull i was in total "AWE" of this brilliant motorcycle . i must say the engine is a true "Gem" , i am thrilled & glad i got me a FZ1N ;) . now i cant wait for some better weather to arrive & am off to test it out in my favorite twisty roads , being a naked / streetfighter it feels as if its going even faster than the speedo reads .. :thumbup:

I've got a 2008 fared FZ1 in the U.S. with only 248 miles on the odo. Seems like it'll take forever (and a lot of resistance) to make it to the proper break in marker.

That said, I've got a question regarding your new bike experience. Did your's (or anyone else's for that matter) start on the second push of the starter after sitting over night? Mine will start on first try after sitting at work --- no matter if it sits for 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours.

The bike sits in parking garages at home and work, and the ambient temp is similar (approx low of 50 F).

Other that that, I'm just loving the roll on acceleration --- up to 6K RPM for the time being.

well i reached the 1000km service interval (actually - 927km) , so i changed the oil / oil filter , adjusted all the bits etc .
i taken my new FZ1N out for a decent ride , \"boy 'o' boy\" was i grinning :D i taken the FZ1N up to 11500RPM in each gear from 1st to 6th gear & it was so sweet & powerfull i was in total \"AWE\" of this brilliant motorcycle . i must say the engine is a true \"Gem\" , i am thrilled & glad i got me a FZ1N ;) . now i cant wait for some better weather to arrive & am off to test it out in my favorite twisty roads , being a naked / streetfighter it feels as if its going even faster than the speedo reads .. :thumbup:

I completely agree.

Sweet, im glad you finally got to experience the whole motor Mean 1 ! The damn things really come alive from 8-11.5 rpm's! It is a totally different monster in the upper rpm's. My riding buddies always know when I'm winding her up b/c they say it gets really loud and mean soundin as I blow by em!

I have an 08' faired us version and have over 1100 miles on it I just did a second oil change on my own after taking to dealership at 550 miles for the first.
I haven't had mine over 10k rpms. I have had it up to around 9500 in 1st and 2nd gear but the damn thing is scary(pucker factor)lol. Also I haven't found any roads around here where I can really open her up with out a lot of cars or fear of getting a ticket or at least stopped by the police.(I probably wouldn't get a ticket since I am a LEO, but then again it depends who stops me). Also our roads around here are crap a lot of pot holes etc. I do a lot of pot hole dodgeing. Anyway up to 11,500 rpms in all gears seems pretty fast how fast were you going in 6th? Anyway I'll keep opening her up till I get comfortable any suggestions?
Also to the guy who says his bike doesn't start on first try. Take it to the dealer somethings wrong it should start on first try overnight. Also it could be that your oil might be too thick at start up, should have 10w-40 in it this might resolve itself after first oil change. I have had problems starting mine when it's hot, like shutting down for a minute then restarting, but I usually just have to give it a little more throttle. Anyone else have this issue?

Last edited:
^^
its always best to ride sensible , but i like to go for a decent thrash every so often . we have some decent roads here downunder & lots of open spaces without a police officer in sight , i have taken my FZIN to 245kph+ but backed off soon after as i struggled to hold on :D

Back