Finally Got Minor Mods Done.

I rode home from work today in beautiful 65 degree weather here in NY. Finally!!! I figured that it was a perfect day to get some things put on the bike that have been sitting on my kitchen table for almost a month. I installed my new Superbike Grips which went on easy and look and feel great. Then I applied the carbon fiber gas cap kit which also went on easy and looks awesome. Lastly, I put on the carbon fiber license plate frame. The bike looks great but of course I forgot my camera upstairs so I won't have pics until tomorrow. That pretty much does it with any mods I wanted to do to the bike with the exception of a carbon fiber rear hugger which will be my final piece of the puzzle. Tomorrow will be the big test of my GoPro Wide Video Camera, so I will have both pictures and video by tomorrow evening for all to enjoy. Good night, Billy.

Here are a couple of pics that I took with my new cellphone. Not the best but will have to do until tomorrow.

New Grips:
bargrip.jpg

Gas Cap Kit:
gascap.jpg

Okay, I am back after a 5 hour excursion today. It was even hotter than yesterday. It had to be in the upper 60's, almost 70 here in NY. Left the house at 10:45am and got back from the run at 4:15pm. My friend Ray and I had a blast. We racked up about 160 miles total today and really let the bikes run. Everyone had their bikes on the road which made it feel even nicer. We must have seen well over 50 bikes on the road. I took some pictures this morning with my good camera before we left. I also took some videos with the new GoPro Wide Camera. I'll post some pic first and get to the videos later. They still have to be downloaded from the camera so it make take me a bit since it will be the first time. So enjoy the pics first......

New Grips Installed......
dcp_4467.jpg

dcp_4468.jpg

dcp_4470.jpg

Gas Cap Kit in Carbon Fiber to match the protector....

dcp_4469.jpg

License Plate Frame in Carbon.......

dcp_4471.jpg

A couple of pics from the ride..............

dcp_4472.jpg

dcp_4473.jpg

dcp_4476.jpg

dcp_4477.jpg

See ya later with some videos....hopefully!

I can relate to the warm weather Billy. Here in northern Michigan we've been getting one nice day and two or three crappy ones right behind. I've been looking at some new grips too. I'm looking at something that will soften up the grip. Mine seem very hard and after three hours or so my palms get really tired. How are the ones you just put on?

I'm likeing the grips alot, how do they feel and how do they do with vibration? Any hassels with the glue?

Some guys don't use the glue and they stay just fine. Me, I always use the glue, just sparingly, and then install. These grips were I think only 12 bucks at Cycle Gear and they still look like new. I have great feel and no problems with vibration whatsoever.

Back