Fender eliminator

You both suck! ;) I mean.... what an AWESOME mod! (I hate you!) :justkidding:

Seriously though, I love that FE... it's like a piece of art, you almost hate to put it on the bike! Looks like it should be on the wall holding up a Van Gogh. :Rockon:

It's the only FE I've seen that I really liked and what the heck, she's a work of art though, I think I'll go shine it up. Buona sera.

Looks great man! I love the LED light as well ... looks a little like the one I modded to my evotech but better!

By the way I am very close to you (live in Fall River and work in Taunton) ... we should hook up for a ride one of these days when the freakin' weather finally cooperates!!!

My experience is that you are just asking for the po po to stop you for a closer look.

Yeah, that's a good point. I wondered about that too. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I live in CA and have only ever been pulled over by bike cops, who fortunately usually let you go without consequence, but I wonder if a plate tucked under like that is even legal. It does have a light, but being tucked back like that may limit visibility too much.

Yeah, that's a good point. I wondered about that too. Has anyone else had a similar experience? I live in CA and have only ever been pulled over by bike cops, who fortunately usually let you go without consequence, but I wonder if a plate tucked under like that is even legal. It does have a light, but being tucked back like that may limit visibility too much.

I think it is legal it is just hidden enough that they can use it as an excuse to bother you.

Thanks to the positive reviews on the Melotti FE, I opted to snag one for myself a couple days ago. Thanks for the input. Now if it will just arrive from Italy already! :)

Thanks to the positive reviews on the Melotti FE, I opted to snag one for myself a couple days ago. Thanks for the input. Now if it will just arrive from Italy already! :)

Boy I was the only one for a New York minute. You will love it. Its a shame to actually mount a plate on it. Its funny when people notice how nice it is they get on their hands and knees for a closer look.

I am a CA motor-cop: eliminator kits look great, but you start to open yourself up for a reason to be stopped.

-If you don't integrate the license plate lamp. cvc24601
-If the mudguard or rear tire blocks the view of the plate. cvc5201
-If you eliminate the fender and the red reflectors are removed or there are now none on the rear. cvc24607

If you can make the rear of your bike comply with these codes... Much less of a chance of being stopped for an equipment violation. I love seeing motorcycles and have an awesome job being able to get paid to ride one for a living.

Ride safe and not over your head. Just had a guy crash in a curve a couple days ago and torso separated in half. Yes he died.

-If you eliminate the fender and the red reflectors are removed or there are now none on the rear. cvc24607

I hadn't heard about the reflector requirement before. If the plate is clearly visible, and lit, it is still essential to have red reflectors on or around it?

Back