Fender Eliminator Kit

I just bought a Graves through tobefast.com
Graves Motorsports Yamaha FZ1 Fender Eliminator Tag Bracket Kit 06-07 - Tobefast

The only pisser is that it does not come with a plate light...which could get you a fix it ticket from certain LEO's. I retrofitted an LED light from an old R&G tail tidy I had laying around to fix the issue 'cause I know my local troopers will rag me for it. Any small light should work...you could also just buy an LED light replacement from R&G and do the same thing I did...it's cheap and fits your stock wires with no mods at all ;) Beyond that the FE is a solid unit well made and fits stock blinkies, I had to do a little drilling to make holes a tad bigger for a perfect fit but we're talking a morning in the garage and I had a perfectly good looking and functional FE for less than $100...not bad these days.

I retrofitted an LED light....

:+1:
I got a two pack of licenseplate LEDs for about $10 at Dennis Kirk. Only used one cenetered above the plate. I think I am going to add the second one or possible add some spacers to the exiosting one so that it can get more light on the plate.

I just finished my Evotech FE install yesterday and the overall fit and finish seems nice. Their kit also includes a plate light, and will accept stock signals or smaller ones later on. The directions that come with the kit are very vague, which was frustrating, but otherwise a top-notch product. Only took about 4 days to ship from the UK too.

call me crazy but i'm not sure i dig the look with the FE kit. I may have to see a pic at a different angle besides the one advertised on Graves website, or will have to see one in person. Well not the Kit, but an FZ1 with the kit installed.

If you ride in the rain at all, be warned.... they do not provide much protection at all.

I modded my stock fender to shorten it and it does a decent job still with wet riding. See it here:
http://www.998cc.org/forum/gen-ii-mods/1215-free-fe-kit-you-provide-labor.html

Simple to do.... look through to the end because I kept updating the mod to make it even better. Soon, it will be better still! :tup:

Can you explain what you mean by this. Does the stock set up prevent you from getting wet in the rear, and with the FE kit you will get wet. Just trying to understand all about the FE kit so I could decide if I want to get this or not

Can you explain what you mean by this. Does the stock set up prevent you from getting wet in the rear, and with the FE kit you will get wet. Just trying to understand all about the FE kit so I could decide if I want to get this or not

You nailed it. Most FE Kits don't protect you from the water spray. The stock fender does. My modded stock fender also protects you. :D

The Graves is one of the best built FE's I've seen for any bike. It's made from steel plate yet not too heavy at all. The stock crane assembly is a complete POS when it comes to tail protection. Not only is it a huge fugly piece of the plastic it's too thin and the vents allow water to go right up through them. The rest of the water and road crap goes over the sides and covers the tail in water and crap. I fabbed up a little tail extenda on my plate out of some plastic and looking from above completely blocks the tail light. I feel sorry for anyone behind me because the rooster tail is gonna be awesome but my tail should be better protected than the stocker for sure. Pic attached...sorry for the blurriness.

Another thing to note is with a FE, the rocks and other crap get thrown at whoever is behind you. I ride with a guy who has an FE on his VFR and i rarely ride behind him. If I do, I'm so far back that I don't get hit with rocks and other debris coming off of the back tire.

It's not as bad on bikes with their fenders.

Haven't really noticed a lot of difference in the state of the back of the bike after riding in rain. Still ends up grubby either way...lol.

Mike, it's not the back of the bike that I'm talking about, but more the back of the rider instead. Some of the FE Kits let the rooster tail fly all the way over the end of the bike and put the mud stripe up the rider's back. ;) Fenders aren't going to stop the tail and swingarm from collecting the road crap. :D

Mike, it's not the back of the bike that I'm talking about, but more the back of the rider instead. Some of the FE Kits let the rooster tail fly all the way over the end of the bike and put the mud stripe up the rider's back. ;) Fenders aren't going to stop the tail and swingarm from collecting the road crap. :D

Ahhh! I see. No troubles with that either fortunately. Used to happen on my BMX....lol...but the rooster tail from this goes up and arcs back away from me....especially at speed...lol...In traffic with a tail wind might be a different story. But it doesn't rain much here (driest state on the driest conitinent in the universe yadda yadda).

For theWolfTamer...As for fenders stopping rocks getting flung at the rider behind....the rocks are picked up and shot back from the bottom 45 degrees of the tire. The fender won't stop this. It is far worse with sticky rubber on. Maybe your friend has nice stickies on. I know everyone hated riding behind me with BT003's on my FZ6....lol...even with a fender.

I just finished my Evotech FE install yesterday and the overall fit and finish seems nice. Their kit also includes a plate light, and will accept stock signals or smaller ones later on. The directions that come with the kit are very vague, which was frustrating, but otherwise a top-notch product. Only took about 4 days to ship from the UK too.

I bought an Evotech FE too, great kit! but I thought the led light for the number plate was too dull so I used the stock plate light off the stock fender, just drilled a hole in the centre and it bolted straight up to the Evotech FE. Check out my blog for the pics...
http://www.998cc.org/forum/blogs/scottyd/

Back