Fault Code 14

Stuuk1

Hi again,

I seem to just be getting problem after problem after problem with this bike at the moment for no apparent reason!

The story so far, I have battled with fault code 20 and Ivan's FCE for what seems like forever and finally decided to rip the bloody thing out. So took the bike to bits and finally got to take it out until I noticed a loose connection!

I then noticed that all other connections were soldered and this one wasn't, so re-crimped the connection and Voila, fault code 20 gone.

So, bike back together, all hoses back on, connections back together (Also re-routed cabling and PC3 + Ignition Module from mid-point to under the rear seat).

Started the bike up this morning and all is fine, idled perfectly up to temp and then idle dropped down and bike stalled...

Played about with it and now it keeps dropping down. Suddenly the dreaded orange light comes back on, only this time its Fault Code 14.

I've looked this code up and its the 'Intake Air Pressure Hose'. Can anyone advise any further on this? Is it the hose on the front of the airbox? If so, I put that back on correctly!

If I have to take this bike apart one more time I think ill cry.

Thanks in advance,

Stu

im just copy and past from the manual hopfull someone pops in with a real ans.

Fault code No. 14 Symptom
Intake air pressure sensor: faulty intake air pressure sensor
system.
Diagnostic code No. 03 Intake air pressure sensor
Order Item/components and probable
cause
Check or maintenance job Reinstatement
method
Intake air pressure sensor hose • Check the intake air pressure
sensor hose condition.
• Repair or replace the sensor
hose.
Starting the
engine and
operate it at
idle.
Connections
• Intake air pressure sensor coupler
• Main wire harness ECU coupler
• Check the couplers for any pins
that may be pulled out.
• Check the locking condition of
the couplers.
• If there is a malfunction, repair it
and connect the coupler
securely.

might have to open her back up i noticed you re-routed so .... ya time to check connections. Was fine then drops and now keeps dropping so my best guess is something vibrated loose.

Last edited:
That is the sensor on top of the air box. Per the manual, I took it off and tested it for resistance. Keep in mind that this is a temperature sensitive resistor so it must be tested at the specific ambient temp in the manual. You can watch the resistance move by simply breathing on the sensor. Well, before I determined it was fine, I realized that I'd started the bike without it connected, thus error 14. Even after connecting it, I still had the error. So I went into DIAG mode and cleared all errors after making sure it was plugged in and the problem never came back.

The good news it this part costs less than $30 and I think it is under $20 at Partshark. ;)

The sensor on top of the airbox is the intake air temp sensor, not the pressure sensor....?

Well, the fault has now stopped! Need to go out for a ride really to make sure it runs ok etc. Stupid bikes! Haha

Thanks for your answers, I shall have to open it back up :( Shame it will have to wait a week or two

top of the air box

That should be the connection on the top rear of the air box. In order to open the air box you would have had to disconnect this small 2 pin connection. You only need lift the tank to check this. just make sure it is attached tight to the sensor that is in the small depression near the center rear of the air box. I'll see if I have a picture.

Yup... here's a top-down shot of it from Michele's bike.

attachment.php

I cant see how that is a pressure sensor though, im sure that is the temp sensor?

If you take that off and look at the other side (pointy bit) its a solid unit. Therefore it cannot be a pressure sensor.

A pressure sensor has to measure flow and like the atmospheric pressure sensor will have a hole in the pointy bit so it can measure...

Anyway, it appears to have somehow fixed itself. Runs fine now, been out for a ride and all is well! I tampered with the idle screw a little (although hadn't touched it previously) and idles at what the manual says, between 1,100 and 1,300 rpm.

No doubt it will be back next week! Thanks for all of your replies though :)

Back