Fat Bar Clamps for FZ1 ???

lee36

All,

Been off the map for a while but still ridin' & racin' ... just life has been busy-er than normal...

ok, that said spring is around the corner and I am looking to install Renthal Fatbars on my FZ1. I need a straighter bend and will see if I can cut down a pair I've had kicking around.

For clamps ... I remember a post a while back that said clamps for a Suzuki RMZ may work ... but I came across this link for LSL Fat Bar Clamps:

Yamaha FZ1 Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories

Curious if anyone has used these or has other recommendations for mating any 1-1/8" bar to the FZ1... thanks!

I used the Easton clamps for 45 bucks I believe. I got them from Rocky Mountain atv I used the Suzuki drz clamps they work perfect. 115 bucks for those clamps is really expensive.

Thanks again ... I may need to look into Rizoma or Easton further. Unfortunately the Renthal FAT BARs are just too wide. And I am not talking overall length since I can cut down the outside edges. The width of the fat part goes out way too far. I would need to replace all my cables and not into going that far right now.

I don't mind spending the coin for Rizoma but the sweep looks too far back for my liking (I want a straighter bend). I'll check out the easton as well.

I got some used 1 1/8" clamps for a KTM of of ebay for $35.00 I bought a shorter set of bolts for it and they worked out great.I also had them powder coated black. The bars that I used are a set of Renthal RC low bend.

heres one i made earlier
this is on a the abs fz1,i had to reroute a lot of cables clutch cable and brake lines to make it fit the extra lenth of the bars
on none abs there is no probs

samsung078_zpse95212c0.jpg

Back