fastest you've had your fz1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completley stock 08, indicated 245km/h (152mph) at the end of the front straight at Race city. Lap after lap at the top of 5th gear,all day. May have gotten a little more but turn one keeps getting in the way.

Completley stock 08, indicated 245km/h (152mph) at the end of the front straight at Race city. Lap after lap at the top of 5th gear,all day. May have gotten a little more but turn one keeps getting in the way.

You should mention Calgary's altitude at 3442 feet above sea level. I think that makes the number a bit more impressive. :cheers:

True enough. By the way, thanks for the tip on Green Mountian road. Looks like today will be a great day for a ride and I thinking of heading that way.

Completely stock and with about 1.800 km's on it (1.119 miles), so it was not fully on power yet, my FZ1 Fazer did 278 kph (172,8 mph) on the dyno on the speedo of the bike itself. This speed was exactly when the rev-limiter kicked in.

Later with only Leo Vince SBK EVOII Titanium and further stock, I did easily 257 kph (159.26 mph) on the speedo, which was exactly 243 kph (151.03 mph) on my Garmin GPS.
At this speed my bike was still gaining speed quite easily, it's just that I thought it was enough for that day.

Now with my 47 rearsprocket I haven't tried it yet.
I do know that with a 47 sprocket my speedo has a difference with the GPS of approx. 10%. With 45 rearsprocket this was 5.35%.
This means my FZ1 when it was stock and ran into the rev limiter in 6th on the dyno, it was actually doing 263 kph (163.5 mph). So with a stock bike with stock gearing higher speeds than that are impossible unless you change gearing or rev's.

So to get 243 kph (151.03 mph) on my GPS again would now mean approx. 267 kph (166 mph) on the speedo.

Especially when you have a different gearing setup, speeds on the speedo mean absolutely nothing. The precentage that your speedo is off, is far to much to get a good reading. Get a speedohealer and set this with GPS and your bang on it. Or just have your GPS with you when you do high speeds.

I hit 130 mph this morning... too fast for me on the American Highway. I'd like to take it to a track to see what it can (and I can) really do all in a safe, controlled environment.

So far ive hit an indicated 95mph lol. I really have no intentions of going fast like that, but I didnt realize how fast it picks up when you just roll on to pass people.

Oh and I learned why people crouch down on sport bikes, your like an aerodynamic bullet. Absolutley no wind, its kind of freaky in a way.

I belong to another forum I post at a lot, for slowpitch softball players...this thread reminds me of the "how much can you bench" and "how many home runs have you hit" threads. :th_smiley_rotfl2[1]
So, "300", "to many to count" and 160. :nana:

Thread closed

I'm sorry all but we've had to do this on the other FZ sites as well. Dennis has rules and we must abide by them.

Admin said:
Disallowed specific topics
We're all about freedom of speech, however there are some topics that don't belong here, such as:

Running from the cops.
Police bashing/slander.
Breaking the law.
Politics
No satanic threads/links etc.
Any form or racism PERIOD.

This discussion has everyone breaking the rules with a post about breaking the law. It is OK to say we did ### mph on the track but not on public roads according to the site rules.

I hope you all understand. Thanks and again, sorry!

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back