fastest you've had your fz1???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ivan posted this on another forum; dyno speed readout on the dyno from a Gen2 with stock gearing.

Basically the bike hits rev limiter at 163.7mph.

If you can hit rev limiter in 6th that's how fast you're going; probably less due to tire slippage with all the wind resistance (which isn't present on the dyno).

If you post you went any fast than that, the BS flag is present. :)

how fast?

On my new FZ1 (06) which is completely stock tires and all, I've had it up to 223km/h which is 138mph. It was rock solid i just ran out of road. But on my 01 FZ1 i had it up to 260km/h (161mph) a couple of times...Michelin Pilots are awesome! It was on rails!

Why are there so many doubters.
A naked Fz1n can reach 170mph and above ( i have done it twice ).
With a perfect run up and perfect conditions this is not impossible.
145/150mph is easilly done on any FZ1N stock or modified.:rmwl:

Check out latest issue of Performance Bikes. They tested the FZ1N against some other bikes and top speed was...153.5 MPH. Now this is actual not indicated.

No BS,
With the power commander connected and mapped the most I got was 250kph (155mph) 6th gear out of my 08 FZ1 and that was pushing it, Bouncing the speedo from 248 and 249 for what it felt like ages. I have done the air box mod and disconnected the PC3 as an Experiment on the weekend and pulled 260kph (161mph) on a long right hand corner that turns into a nice strait. At the end I noticed I had another gear, I would say that 6th would have pulled another 15 to 20 KS faster. My mate on his 09 GSXR 600 said he found it hard to pass only because he could see the hangers on mine playing games. On my Dyno chart in 5th gear it reads 230kmh (142mph) and I do say that would be around the real speed,

Almost daily bursts to a buck ten or fifteen, theres really no good spots unless I have a spotter. My friend takes his 600RR to the end of this certain road where it slightly crests and he faces me, I'm about a mile away, he watches behind him, the dirrection I'm going and keeps his lights on, if sombody is coming that he can see behind him he'll shut off the lights, my signal to abort. But I think I have room to hit the rev limiter on this streach, it's flat and about 450 foot elevation, but not till I get the new Pilot ct on the front. I'v been 170 in my old 94 LT1 Corvette, it shifted into fourth at a hundered and thirty. 170 is too fast for me..... I'm content to have a past record of 170 and will call that event good. I'm finding I like sport touring better than speed demon-ing.

k figured i would say my numbers hear but i waigh 110ibs 5ft 8inch stock 06 fz1 but bmc filter when i lay on tank i dont catch much wind at all hear at oklahoma i top out at 165 on it mostly when i was in nashville tn. for college i had a day where i was street raceing with many rockets and and me and an 05 r1 were runing wide open and when he let out of his he sead we just hit 180 on his speedo mine was reading 172. he biger guy tho catch more wind. i think i got 172 cuz we had been raceing for miles and miles and i run moble1 full synthetic race oil in mine and it was hot and thined out so less friction. i had little more rpm left so im hopeing after i get all my mods done soon i can hit rev limiter in 6th gear lol. :chat:

For me, fastest on a couple tight pin turns was about 31 mph, but don't know for sure as I was kinda busy. Might've been slower as ya know how quick our bike rolls on. And I looked at the speedo after I rolled on. It said something way higher, so I did the math.

2 mph, maybe 3. I just brought it home a couple of hours ago (in a trailer unfortunately) and road it 20 feet up my gravel driveway and then up the "wheelchair" ramp onto my deck. I don't know for sure, I might have hit 4 right at the bottom of the ramp. Not all that impressive, but it left a huge smile on my face. The trailer? There is a "wintery mix" falling out of the sky today and a Winter Storm Warning in effect. The National Weather Service has been saying it could turn to ice at any minute. The guys at the dealership did the check-it-out test ride in the back room of the store. They weren't riding in this crap on a brand new set of tires either.

Oh yeah, 2008 FZ1, red, 000000 miles. Getting ready to read the owners manual.

2 mph, maybe 3. I just brought it home a couple of hours ago (in a trailer unfortunately) and road it 20 feet up my gravel driveway and then up the "wheelchair" ramp onto my deck. I don't know for sure, I might have hit 4 right at the bottom of the ramp. Not all that impressive, but it left a huge smile on my face. The trailer? There is a "wintery mix" falling out of the sky today and a Winter Storm Warning in effect. The National Weather Service has been saying it could turn to ice at any minute. The guys at the dealership did the check-it-out test ride in the back room of the store. They weren't riding in this crap on a brand new set of tires either.

:th_smiley_rotfl2[1] I was going to post this as well as I have only pulled my FZ1 out of the trailer into the garage! However, the new chain and sprockets will be there Monday so bring on the sunshine!

Careful not to scrape the pegs when the tires are new and you haven't read the manual. :shaking head:Come on spring! :thewave:

Hey and Congrats!!!

137 indicated. 08 stock. Special road....... could have gone faster but was getting to much air under the helmet. I am waiting for sv risers to show up to get bit lower. Had riserbacks installed. My 08 FJR plays that tune too but differant kind of power. Anyway both are plenty fast for the street.

Ok, on this same streach of road as I stated previously in post #86, I'v so far maxed out at 144 or so, you all know it's hard to keep your eyes on the tach and spedo, let alone watching the road for wildlife wandering into your path. This was done in cold conditions, probably 50 degrees, at about 3-400 feet elevation, premium fuel, with me a lardo 275 lbs, and likely in need of a carb sync. It fealt as though in a full tuck, there might have been 5 or so more miles per hour hiding inside the motor, as it was still accelerating, though slowly increasing. My 'tuck' was not as good as it could have been and I was wearing baggy pants, though a leather jacket and full-face along with gloves.

Also I had not ballanced the tire/wheels and had New Michelins with under 100 miles. It is doubtfull as to weather I'll try to set a higher top speed....a buck and a half is frigin plenty.

Last edited:
130 today. felt really good. I have never been that fast before on anything, car or bike. Well helicopter doesn't count since I wasn't piloting.. Only reason I slowed down was fear of cops, that would have been the end of my riding career or I could have made a run for it.

So far I have not been anywhere open enough to really open her up. So... Thus far... Just 118mph here. And that was on the HOV lane at 5:30 AM. The closest I can get to an open road in this, the 4th largest city in the U.S. :)
I did not know Houston was that big, it must be huge. When I lived in the Bay Area I hated the traffic, we totally had to plan our life around traffic, I don't miss that at all.

fastest on FZ1

I have a red and black stock FZ1. I live in WI. I have hit 154 with out even redlining. If you go through each gear and wind it out, you don't have to add anything extra. Why pay for a power commander or these other mods to go faster than 154. I am 6 feet and 165lbs. The bike did not shake or hesitate one bit. I was thinking about doing something different with the sprocket to make wheelies easier, but after reading a few of these reviews, i am going to pratice more and eventually i will get it. i just don't want to damage my bike...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back