Fall street gloves

hey guys,

i'm looking to get some riding gloves for the fall. my current icons are great for the summer, but once it drops below 55/60 degrees they vent too much and the colder wind goes right through them. i'm looking for street style gloves that block wind and keep your hands from falling off. i am not looking for super winter gloves that go half way up your arm and are really bulky. just the street style i normally wear that goes up to your wrist, i.e. the gloves i actually wear:

2009_Icon_Twenty_Niner_Gloves_Black.jpg

they're great in the summer, but horrible when the temperature drops around this time of year. i have been searching and haven't really found anything, so if you have any suggestions, they would be appreciated. thanks

For winter, you WANT gloves with gauntlets... trust me. I don't have any myself yet but my boss SWEARS by these gloves: REV'IT! Bastion GTX Gloves - RevZilla For cold and wet, he's said that all his other glove choices pale in comparison. I have only one pair of gloves, the Held Steve gloves... not very warm but I put an LL Bean shell over them and they are a bit warmer. I'll be installing heated grips soon... bought the elements, just need to install them now.

I use Alpinestar SP IIs. They are a full guantlet that keeps any air from going up your sleeve and are warm enough until you would think about using heated grips. In the summer I use a set of Fox gloves like what you show in the OP.

These are what I use and to me they are great. This company makes snowmobile gear so I figured their bike gear is right on par too. I ride into the 40's no problems with these

For Fall, Winter and Spring I use my Fieldsheer Polar gloves

2009_Fieldsheer_Polar_Gloves.jpg

They're goatskin outers with plastic knuckle and finger guards and inside is layers of waterproof & breathable membrane and a thermal liner inner. They're a bit bulky but quite nice during all seasons until winter weather drops below 25F or so. At that temperature, heated grips are a must and your fingers are still cold

Last edited:
thank you all for the suggestions. i might have made myself unclear. i am not looking for winter gloves. i am not looking for full gauntlet gloves. these gloves would only be used in the fall months before snow and what not. so a short street style glove like the one i posted before that is not vented and can keep my hands from freezing in the fall months. maybe gloves like i am describing don't really exist, or maybe i will just substitute a different kind of glove like mechanix cold weather or something. i won't really be riding after mid november probably, maybe even before that. thanks anyway guys.

Last edited:
For Fall, Winter and Spring I use my Fieldsheer Polar gloves

2009_Fieldsheer_Polar_Gloves.jpg

They're goatskin outers with plastic knuckle and finger guards and inside is layers of waterproof & breathable membrane and a thermal liner inner. They're a bit bulky but quite nice during all seasons until winter weather drops below 25F or so. At that temperature, heated grips are a must and your fingers are still cold

i am looking for shorter gloves, but those do look pretty sweet

You might look into "spring" Style snowboarding gloves. I picked up a pair last year, they are slightly longer on the wrist than the ones you posted, but they are nice and warm for temps between 30 and 60.

Good looking gloves

Alpine star make a glove called wind stopper, I'm in Australia and the winters don't get too cold but Ive used these gloves in the summer and winter and found them very light and easy to get on. They cost me $75 which is nothing when you compare the quality...hope that helps

Alpine star make a glove called wind stopper, I'm in Australia and the winters don't get too cold but Ive used these gloves in the summer and winter and found them very light and easy to get on. They cost me $75 which is nothing when you compare the quality...hope that helps

I came across these while looking for similar gloves. I think I'll pull the trigger. they look like they would be perfect for March-May and Sept-Nov.

Alpinestars C-1 Windstopper Gloves - RevZilla

Back