Faired Gen2s

Call Me old fashioned.

Call me old fashioned, but I like my fairing, the naked look is cool too, but I like the look with the OEM fairing and these are the best mirrors of any bike
(and thats over 50 of them) I've ever had. I can see clearly at 100mph, no fuzz, no vibration, they work better than they look I admit, but I haven't seen anything yet that works better that is acceptable to me in the looks department as well. My '06 rocks in stock form, even with that annoying little buzz that the vent in the fairing makes at around 45mph.

All that being said I know on my '04 FZ1, the mirrors weren't worth a tinkers damn, they viberated, oscelated, and just about masterbated. Now on the old gen I they were ugly little sticks, and they seemed like they were an afterthought by Yamaha, but back then I really didn't have much use for them,and I guess I got lucky never having had any problems with missing stuff that was coming up from behind me. :rolleyes:

I've read that the stock mirrors create a lot of turbulence. I'm so tall that it doesn't matter because I don't have any wind protection anyway, but the people that have switched to bar end mirrors say it makes a huge difference in comfort.

Whats this about you got something to fix my problem?

I think you know where this is headed...;):innocent:
Just trying to get a feel for who has gone to bar end mirrors on the faired gen2 bikes. And, of course what they did to cover the massive hole left after the mirrors are gone.

Not aware of the problem you are having, but it couldn't hurt to put it out there and see how people might help solve it...

I own a faired genII and have no problems with the mirrors, Although they do intend to be wide when riding in city traffic. but who cares, love this bike.

same her, no issues with the mirrors on my faired GenII. true, they're a bit wide compared to a naked, but you'll get used to. Also plus is that they easily turn inwards. No distortion on the visibilty...

WOW! I just checked out the Copper Dawg site. Pretty cool. He has some nice stuff. Have to put some things on my wish list. I think I will go for the rear blinker fairing first. I like that look. Then the seat cowling.

Back