F/S: 2007 Yamaha FZ6 (One of a Kind!)

skooter65

I'm not sure how much interest there will be here but I figured the exposure couldn't hurt.

Well, the time may have come; and I am still not sure if I want to do this. Too many reasons for the contemplation to explain, but feel free to ask :) That being said, here it goes...

Selling my 2007 Yamaha FZ6. The bike has been meticulously maintained and modified. Current odometer reading is just over 5,000 Miles. I will try to outline all of the work that has been completed and the extras that have been added. One thing that I always try to do, and often pride myself in, is the ability to reverse any modification that I have done to the bike. No frame components have been "trimmed" to allow the fork conversion; all electrical connections have utilized the stock harnesses and connectors and can be re-used.

Additions:
*Motor is completely stock

-Yamaha FZ1N European Headlight Conversion w/ Custom Brackets
-Magura Hymec Hydraulic Clutch Assembly
-Corbin Gunfighter & Lady Seat ("Carbon Fiber" Leather Seating Surfaces)
-Yamaha Belly Pan (OEM Color Match)
-520 Chain Conversion with EK MVXZ Chain & Vortex Sprockets
-Pirelli Angel Tires (Less than 600 miles)
-Showa BPF Front Fork Conversion from 2009 Kawasaki ZX6R (USD, High & Low Speed Compression & Rebound adjustable)
-Kawasaki ZX6R Rear Brake Caliper
-Kawasaki ZX6R Front & Rear Rim
-Nissan Radial Front Brake Calipers
-Venhill Stainless Steel Brake-Lines
-Carbon Fiber Front Fender
-Renthal Streetfighter Handlebars
-ASV C/5 Shorty Brake Lever
-CNC Billet Aluminum Gas Cap
-Rizoma "Dynamic" Mirrors
-Rizoma Bar Ends
-Digital Guard Dawg Keyless Ignition System
-Keyless Electronic Seat Latch Mechanism

I am certain that I am forgetting some key items. Please feel free to ask any questions that you may have and I am more than willing to go into more detail on any item.

Asking $5,195

I will deliver within 300 miles for the cost of Fuel and Road Sodas.

Thank you for looking and please help me make this decision!!:thumbup:

Scott
[email protected]
207-653-4449

Photos:
FinishedBike042.jpg

FinishedBike024.jpg

FinishedBike046.jpg

FinishedBike028.jpg

FinishedBike031_rev.jpg

FinishedBike032.jpg

FinishedBike035.jpg

Last edited:
The best sorted FZ6 out there it seems. Miss my old bike. I did a bunch of stuff to it too, gen2 swingarm, R6 front end, gen2 front cowling and gauge cluster, SS lines, EBC pads, yada yada ... Had it for 3 years and did have a sellers remorse for a while.

That magura, keyless ignition and electronic seat latch must be pricey though...

The only logical reason for you to sell the bike I can think of is that you have run out of customize options for the bike?

It is funny that you say this; my soon-to-be wife said the exact same thing when I asked her if she was on-board with the sale. She said "What, are you bored with this one?:)"

Maybe...;)

Last edited:
The best sorted FZ6 out there it seems. Miss my old bike. I did a bunch of stuff to it too, gen2 swingarm, R6 front end, gen2 front cowling and gauge cluster, SS lines, EBC pads, yada yada ... Had it for 3 years and did have a sellers remorse for a while.

That magura, keyless ignition and electronic seat latch must be pricey though...

There is just so much that can be done with these bikes; it seems like the options are endless.

The Magura and Digital Guard Dawg system where a bit pricey (in the range of $350 each). The electric seat latch was my design and cost about $40 all said and done.

Thank you for the compliments; I hope someone sharing the same feeling is in the market for a bike ;)

That would be a sick ride for Richie! He'd forget about a Harley Sportster in a second if he saw this. Hey Scott, how does the ignition work/operate???

I would love to make him forget about his Harley whether he buys this bike or not :) j/k....mostly!

This has been a very common question with the keyless ignition. Please see below:

There have been a number of inquiries about the Keyless Ignition System so I figured I would put a little photo show together. Maybe this will help it sell...doubtful, but you never know :)

Here is the generic shot of the system (pre-install). You can see the key "FOB's" to the left and right of the main unit relay. The system uses RF (Radio Frequency) technology to activate a relay when the Key-FOB is within a specified range of the bike (adjustable).:

The following shots show the unit installed. The relay replaces the stock ignition switch and ties into the Start/Stop button:

[/QUOTE]

Here is a shot of the keyless seat latch design (Skooter65 patent pending :p ). I used an automotive solenoid to drive the stock seat latch mechanism. The solenoid is wired to a push button switch which only receives power when the keyless ignition module is activated with the FOB.

Back