F/S: 2003 Yamaha FZ1

Status
Not open for further replies.

skooter65

Sold! (05-06-2013)

For sale is my excellent condition 2003 Yamaha FZ1 with ~13,800 miles.The paint and body are in excellent condition with only normal scuffs and scratches considering the age of the bike (the last photo showns the only "Major" cosmetic flaw; dent in tank from the left knee). Everything is bone stock. Brand new Continental Conti-Motion Tires that have never seen pavement, Receipt in hand! Chain and Sprockets are in great shape. Fresh fluids including fuel, brake, coolant, and oil; Ready to Ride!

Asking $3,575 o.b.o

Clean and Clear Maine title in hand!

Please feel free to message me if you have any questions and I will do my best to answer them.

Thank you for looking!

Scott
[email protected]

Photos: (Photos Updated 04-14-2013, More available upon request)

Last edited:
Well, Spring has Sprung; "Feeler" will turn into a true "For Sale" thread in the coming weeks.

I just wanted to provide a quick update: The cosmetic damages are currently being repaired; Obviously wanted to show off my handy-work as well! Found a great tutorial on Youtube regarding plastic repair using a Soldering Iron. I must say, I have tried many other methods (Two-Part Epoxy, Fiberglass, Superglue, Rivets, etc..) and this is by far the best that I have tried in both simplicity and "sturdyness".

I am very please how well it has turned out so far. Now I just need to wait for the clearcoat to cure so I can wet sand, polish, and wax!!

Kudos to Colorrite by the way. Not only is the paint excellent to work with and a perfect color match, their customer service is superb. Had an issue with one of the aerosol spray nozzles and, rather than telling me to Pound-Sand, they are sending me a new can free of charge. Top Notch!

FYI Youtube Tutorial: [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7g42q1Vm_yY]Motorcycle Fairing Repair on abs plastic - Melting abs plastic Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Crack Before:
TailRepair_Before_zpsefbb062a.jpg

Preparation for "welding":
TailRepair_CrackPreparation_zps8d6e172b.jpg

Completed "weld":
7fba647a-9919-4451-b9b9-7d617f56fa30_zps1095e7d3.jpg

Finished Part (Bow to the master :nana:):
4f5c8963-8fb9-4b3b-ad1d-319fd31fabc3_zps2c382bd5.jpg

Just another Update!

The front fairing is on its way back to being good as new! As before, below are a few before and after shots. I would like to say I am near finished but I have a few more hours of sanding and polishing before things are where I would like them.

Before (The day I got the bike):
2003FZ1008_zpse97a5ac5.jpg

After (Without Final sand, Polish, & Decals):
FairingRepair006_zps6a47adcb.jpg

FairingRepair007_zps59b7a1e5.jpg

For those that don't know; The reason most "Spray Bomb" jobs look like "Spray Bomb" jobs is because of the initial and/or final preparation. Aerosol cans do not lay the paint as flat as a true professional set-up so the final clearcoat needs to be wet-sanded and polished to get a good shine. These last two photos show why this is so important. The first shot is of the non-prepared left-hand upper fairing. As you an see, the luster is low and the finish is somewhat "orange-peel" or "eggshell". The second shot is of the prepared right-hand upper fairing; Can you tell the difference ;)

Before Sand/Polish:
FairingRepair004_zps60d84356.jpg

After Sand/Polish:
FairingRepair003_zpsa8ff00e5.jpg

Last edited:
Great job on the repairs and thank you for not having modded this bike! Had this bike been modded I would be fighting myself to take my Gen II to Cali and have this bike out here for the summer! You do have the faster blue! :)

Great job on the repairs and thank you for not having modded this bike! Had this bike been modded I would be fighting myself to take my Gen II to Cali and have this bike out here for the summer! You do have the faster blue! :)

And what mod's would it take to make that happen? :sinister:

Thank you for the kind words; It's getting there!

Skooter... the mods would be not having to pay 43K for down payment and closing costs on a house! I don't have a wife to answer too... but I refuse to go in debt for a motorcycle... I pay cash for my toys or I wait...

But, my stock Gen I was blah until I replaced the exhaust, and jetted the carbs. Then I loved it!

First page has been updated with current photos & Information. Get this thing out of my Garage!!

Mods: Could you please remove "Feeler" from the thread title. Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back