EXUP valve and slip-on pipe

Great Video and with that I have a question. Since the mods and slip-ons have been out for a bit I'm looking into removing the EXUP and replacing it with ether a
EXUP Eliminator by Graves (Yamaha FZ1 Accessories, Yamaha FZ1 EXUP Eliminator by Graves™ Motorsports) or the Dynojet ESRM (Dynojet Exhaust Servo Removal Module (ESRM))
Has anyone installed one or the other yet, and what do you think? And yes I did a search as well. I know it will not make a difference but will just eliminate some clutter.
Thanks
Doug

I have not personally installed one if these, but they work just fine. However, to me they're just not worth spending the money on. Now if I could find a used one for $20-30 that would be a different story.

Thanks

Thanks guys. The information on this thread is astounding. I just bought an 06 FZ1 and am in the midst of upgrading it. So far I've had it for 3 weeks and put on over 1,700 miles. Why buy it to keep miles off it? I say ride the hell out of it. So far got a fender eliminator, LED signals, and will be ordering a TRC slip-on in a matter of minutes. Thanks again and keep the rubber on the ground. Survived a deer collision with my 04 Warrior last year thanks to the leather. Decided to get something a little more fun while I'm young yet.

Thanks guys. The information on this thread is astounding. I just bought an 06 FZ1 and am in the midst of upgrading it. So far I've had it for 3 weeks and put on over 1,700 miles. Why buy it to keep miles off it? I say ride the hell out of it. So far got a fender eliminator, LED signals, and will be ordering a TRC slip-on in a matter of minutes. Thanks again and keep the rubber on the ground. Survived a deer collision with my 04 Warrior last year thanks to the leather. Decided to get something a little more fun while I'm young yet.

Take the cat out of the headers, there isn't any performance to be lost just gains in mid-top end (see copperdogs video tutorial). You have a full system 4>2>1 without $ for a full-system. Also droping a tooth in the front to a 16t will make a massive improvement as the FZ1 is ridiculously tall-geared. I also have the 06 and Ivan's FCU will cure the snatch, give some nice gains in mid-range and smooth things out.

I just installed a Yosh TRC this morning. Along with gutting the cat, modifying the airbox, modifying the flies, and blocking the AIS. I did it all in four hours without really rushing. It sounds a lot better and the butt dyno is happy with the performance. I will ride it this way for a while and consider a PC3.

I just installed a Yosh TRC this morning. Along with gutting the cat, modifying the airbox, modifying the flies, and blocking the AIS. I did it all in four hours without really rushing. It sounds a lot better and the butt dyno is happy with the performance. I will ride it this way for a while and consider a PC3.

Good man!!!, i bet the bike feels and sounds better. It is amazing how Yamaha restricted the life out of this bike, with only a few simple mods your on your way, i recommend 16t or 48t rear, i run 520 16/47 and it feels perfect for this bike.

Back