EXUP Operation?

Rusty

For you guys with standard exhausts on the bike still, does your EXUP go through a full movement cycle when you turn on the ignition?

Also if you've got a set of AIS blocvk offs fitted and you have the standard pipe, does the EXUP still work with the AIS removed?

For you guys with standard exhausts on the bike still, does your EXUP go through a full movement cycle when you turn on the ignition?

Also if you've got a set of AIS blocvk offs fitted and you have the standard pipe, does the EXUP still work with the AIS removed?

It's been a while since I've had the stock exahust on the bike, but I don't remember it going through any sort of cycle at start up.

I don't see why the EXUP wouldn't work simply because you eliminated the AIS. Removing the AIS doesn't set off any trouble codes so I don't think the stock ECU is aware that the AIS is missing.

exup

This is my first post here,got an '02 about a month ago and been makin' it my own 'til now.previous owners were a little lax.Had to go throughthe carb sync and the TPS set and got the right air filter for the jet kit that was installed.Set up the EXUP valve only to have the servo go out.So I now am very familiar with all the tuning of the various systems that are specific to this model.Yes the EXUP does self center(fully close)upon initial energizing of the key switch,audible as a little whining sound at the same time the fuel pump is pressurising.If you at this point do not hit the starter and run the engine, but just turn your key back "off" the EXUP will not need to do this again until the engine has run.This can be found in the FSM (Clymer's) and on Pat's site under EXUP adjustment.The servo on mine would not consistently self center and would cause the cables to bind and cause the 7000 rpm code got a new-to-me servo,installed tightened cables and all is good.But mind you,the old servo did test out as good using the recommended methods as layed out in the FSM.She is a great runnong machine now and wil lift the front wheel on a roll at about 20 miles an hour and around 4000 RPM when goosed (used to just lift at 7000 from a roll).Ivan's kit,TPS set,Yoshi RS-3 slip on.I also own a 1982 CB 900F fitted with an 1983 1100F motor so am very familiar with a carbed sport touring bike. Nick40

Last edited:
Back