Expectations????

bikerwayne

I'm in the process of modding. A couple of weeks ago I installed a Yosh TRC and gutted the cat. I did the ais block too. I have the PCIII and will install it soon. At that Time I'll do the Lars air box mod. My next mod before the season starts here will be copper dog flies. I'm going to try a stage three map fron Duken's file.

Here's my quesion; What kind of gains/performance should I expect?

A while back, we'd asked on the other forum that these guys all work on a mod matrix that showed the mods, the map and their elevation, then post dyno charts to back them up. I don't think that anything ever became of it even though Duken thought is was a great idea.

As for your gains, I would expect about 7 - 10 hp gain given the right maps.

Some of these mods are not performance mods and net no gains. Some counter gains and some offer gains in one area but detract in others. The pipe is a definite gain. Gutting the CAT is a gain in some areas but a hinderance in others as you've lost some valuable back pressure in the system. The AIS blockoff is a zero gain but does almost eliminate the popping on decel. The sub-throttle plates are to help the low to mid range but take away a little bit off the top end. The 16T, with the HP gain will be a noticable difference. The new gearing and the extra grunt will mean some very fast launches and the font will simply want to rise on it's own after you go WOT and hit about 8k. (It is FUN!)

What type of riding do you do? IS this a daily commuter and weekend toy? A total toy? Track days? How you use the bike will define how you mod and map it. :D Let's see how you feel/do with the mods now and tell us where you think it's great vs. how you feel it is falling a bit flat. We can help you get to the point you're happy all around. :tup:

Awesome...... thanks. I won't be able to test it until the weather improves. My bike is a toy I guess. I ride to work whenever I can but I don't depend on it. I ride for fun and enjoy power and performance. I think adding bottom endwouldbe the most benifit for me.

Sound like you have all the go fast mods you may want to consider upgrading the poor stock suspension next?.

Back