exhaust

sammysr

whats the best for loudness and sound completely awesome? my dad has a victory hammer and my uncle has some super loud harly road glide, so i wanna beat them haha. is the two brothers ones ok? what are your ideas or whats worked for u? Im game for anything just try to recommend ones under 500 bucks please. thanks. sorry if i sound stupid but this is my first bike ever haha so i dont know to much.

whats the best for loudness and sound completely awesome? my dad has a victory hammer and my uncle has some super loud harly road glide, so i wanna beat them haha. is the two brothers ones ok? what are your ideas or whats worked for u? Im game for anything just try to recommend ones under 500 bucks please. thanks. sorry if i sound stupid but this is my first bike ever haha so i dont know to much.

Two brothers is one of the louder ones you can get but it is not going to sound anything like the HD or Victory and will only be real loud at 5K +.

This happens to be my area of expertiece! I have a gytr slip on with a gutted cat. In general these are already loud slip ons, but I have shortened mine just under that gytr sticker. That gave it a nice jump in volume. But if you really want to get it screaming, do like the previous guy said and get a gp shorty pipe from ebay. Make sure it has a 2 inch diameter and you'll be set. That bike will screem if you do that. I have also found that by taking out the paking in my gytr it is about the same as the gp shorty pipe. The problem with those two things is that you lose all your backpressure and therefore lose power. It will be loud as hell, but that nice kick in the pance power will be gone. If I was you, I'd do the same thing I did and just find the pipe you like and shorten it. This keeps the power and bumps the volume. And with some pipes like mine (gytr) you can remove the packing whenever you feel like wakin up the neighbors and put it back in when you want your power back. Hope that helps

Hi sammysr, just take your muffler off and gut the cat and leave it like that, Im sure at 5k+ rpm will blow everyones eardrums close by and thats free :tup:

and to everyone who has said "gut the cat" what is that? is it removing the baffles? im new haha so i dont know much if someone could explain itd be great

and to everyone who has said "gut the cat" what is that? is it removing the baffles? im new haha so i dont know much if someone could explain itd be great

Catlytic Converter. It is a honeycombed filter material in the header tubes close to the slip on connection. Here is a video that shows how to remove it.
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=om3ZvUqKnfQ]FZ1 Video Tutorials - Exhaust - YouTube[/ame]

Really????? Cuz if so its not that loud without one

Stock exhaust are never that loud. There are EPA noise levels that they have to pass so they tend to be on the quiet side. You want a loud exhaust for your FZ1? Slap on a D&D slip-on muffler and you'll see how loud it gets ;)

Back