exhaust wearing away swingarm

Hey Folks: Here's my problem: On my 03 FZ1, my Two Brothers CarbonFiber muffler is creating alot of damage from rubbing on the swingarm. I adjusted the rear spring preload, but to no avail. Maybe there's more that can be done? I need help. The swingarm has a gouge from wear. what do I do? Please Help. Thanks..K.Jones

Hey Folks: Here's my problem: On my 03 FZ1, my Two Brothers CarbonFiber muffler is creating alot of damage from rubbing on the swingarm. I adjusted the rear spring preload, but to no avail. Maybe there's more that can be done? I need help. The swingarm has a gouge from wear. what do I do? Please Help. Thanks..K.Jones

The issue is that maybe sometime in the bike's life it was tipped over on that side.I had the same exact thing happen to my 01'. The rear passenger peg bracket needs to be pulled out about 1/4". I had someone hold the bike steady while it was on the centerstand while I sat on the floor on the exhaust side. I then grabbed the tip of the exhaust and pulled it out. I haven't had the problem since.

If you search back, I had the same issue as well.

Grab the can and He-Man it back away from the swing arm.

Also, being that your can is Carbon Fiber, make sure you haven't rubbed a seam into the can on the edge thats rubbing. That would be bad.

Back