Exhaust question

ptrudel

I tried searching different variations of this and came up with nothing...Does anybody know if there's any different jetting requirements from:

regular long slip-on
VS
gp style slip-on
VS
regular slip-on being cut down to a GP style

I hope this is laid out right...the question makes sense in my head but that's not always a good thing:embarrased:

It makes sense. I remember reading the answer but I don't know where. I looked into it when I switched from a regular sized slip on to one that's 320 mm. I didn't change my jetting because the bike seems to like the shorter slip-on with my carb setup. I do plan to get the bike on the dyno so I can get it dialed in.

There's always Ivan's quote: A 2 inch hole is a 2 inch hole.

I don't think there is any difference in jetting from one length can to another. All slip ons are basically the same except for sound. Otherwise there would be a bunch of different kits for each variable. Plenty of guys start out with a full size length can and cut them down 1/3rd or more without rejetting the bike. As long as you get the proper jet kit for your "slip-on with stock filter" or "slip-on with Pods" or "aftermarket air filter" you will be just fine.

Back