Ever had an issue with a cager?

Does that really work?

never stopped to find out but no ones every caught up to me yet either. i've had enough altercations to know, you don't stop.

And on top of the potentially deadly cage, you never know if some crazy idiot has a gun and is crazy enough to pull it out and use it. Sad, but true in today's world. :shame:

i'm crazy but not an idiot. it's a last resort, people just don't understand that last part of it.

i'm crazy but not an idiot. it's a last resort, people just don't understand that last part of it.

I'm all for guns. I'm just saying if you walk up to the car of an enraged cager, you don't know if they might shoot you and not as a last resort. I'm worried about the crazy, not the gun. And chances are, if they are that crazy, their gun is probably illegal too.

I once had a guy in a garbage truck toss a soft drink at me BUT yesterday I was off work so I decided to go north for a ride in the hills (laurentians) With out a word of exaggeration this is what happened. I was on the 125 south coming home when I came up behind a truck traveling significantly slower then me. There was a double line so I decided to wait until I could pass him legally. A minute or so later we came up to a passing lane so I flipped my flashers and began pass him on his left. As I was coming up on his side he swerved left almost running me into a ditch. NOW there were no cars or witnesses around which meant if he was successful I would probably been found days later. To put it mildly I was enraged. There was no reason for him to switch lanes other then to run me off. In fact he followed me for a couple kms afterwards. I wanted to stop and rip his throat out but there were 2 in the truck so I simply continued on hoping karma catches up to this douche bag.

I bet there’s a guy right now on a SUV forum asking, “Ever had an issue in your cage (in New York) with a bunch of biker-thugs?“

pretty sure I met a cager who saw this tonight... I was in the left lane letting cars merge from right... he came across three lanes in front of me (me going speed limit) and I had to slow down because he didn't get up to speed... then the f##$$$r brake checked me.... wtf??? so ... yeah, i downshifted, punched it, and got around and away from him.... gee, I didn't make headlines on the internet either... get away from idiots, plain and simple

uhm... yeah, just last night... (quoted from the 6R forum, as there is a "conversation" going on over there too about the situation)...

I'll add, at first I was hesitant to pass, as I thought the @$$ might try to run me off the road... fortunately, I got by and out of there...

some people just have an off day, I get away from them, safest way I can

As far as I am concerned, there was no excuse for ANY of the riders AND the driver actions with the SUV in NYC. Busy public roads are not for stunters. Can't they find another place that is deserted? I see big NYC style law suits happening. Let's see, thirty riders, one driver equals 31 willful reckless tickets, maybe a couple of exhibition of speed tickets, assault charges including the driver, maybe manslaughter if the rider dies, maybe some other stunter stopping tickets, and one deportation. I know some local stunters that got caught, and they spent time in jail. They don't ride street bikes anymore.

I dont think so.

Look, I drive for a living, and so my trucks arent real fast. You wanna pass? As long as its clean, go ahead. When Im driving my personal pickup, I also drive slower (usually), Again, If its clean, go ahead.

People get bent outta shape over the silliest things.

Agree, don't see the problem. If it's safe and you can get past them cleanly then go for it, just keep a watch to make sure that none of them try to pull out (which can happen whether you're passing one car, or five)

I had two situations and heard of a deadly third with attitude cagers. With me I had two situations, both where I was waiting to make a safe left hand turn, where pickup/SUV's came so close passing me on the right they almost took my mirror. It was malice, not misjudging distance.

Some people just hate motorcycles.

Worse case I heard was on I-490. south of Rochester, NY a couple of kids were absolutely intent on hitting a biker/running him off the road. The biker had to pull out a handgun shooting & hitting one of the car's occupants. No charges. Plenty of witnesses to back the rider. Sorta cooled dangerous actions against riders in the area.

First things first- the SUV/biker in NY, while both sides were clearly in the wrong on some level, AND we only get to see the aftermath and not what caused the problem to start with- the guy in the SUV could have pulled to the side/stopped completely (before it all blew up) and let the bikes pass. 2-3 minutes of his life, no harm done. Just because you're in the right, doesn't mean you can't compromise and say hey, these guys are idiots, ill just let them pass and be on my way.

As a side note, what kind of person allows such a confrontation with their child in the car?

As for issues with cagers, I seem to attract all the people who seem to stare at my bike and seem to steer where their eyes are going, other than that- all good so far

Back