Error 19

Hello guys, I tried searching for this but couldn't find anything. Any help is much appreciated. I tried starting the bike, didn't start. Starter works, can hear the fuel pump going, but it wouldn't start. Then after a few tries it started briefly. I received an error 19 code and it hasn't started since. I looked it up and saw that it could be a kickstand down switch. I took the bike a part and finally found the connection for that switch. I ohmed it out and it works the way it is supposed to, in one setting it's open and another it's closed. Now I'm at a loss as to what it could be. Has anyone seen this problem too? Thank you.

Hi. Quick search about and I find a few guys had trouble with the starter relay not seeing the signal from the stand ,, others report wiring broken to ign switch ,, another had broken single red wire that runs behind radiator , also check clutch switch

I'll be interested to see how this shakes out ..... mine started acting up with the same error code 19 this past weekend. Mine will start and then shut-off after starting with an accompanying yellow check engine light. At other times it would start and run fine.

Ok fellows, for anyone who needs help with this I finally got an answer. I have been working on and off on this but after doing much trouble shooting I found the problem. It was an electrical problem, I took the tank off and then cleaned out all the connectors and added dielectric grease to all connectors. After that I reset the error codes and it started right up, no kickstand down error no any other error. Hope this helps someone.

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I am also having trouble with the error code 19. I will check all the connections under the tank and add the dielectric grease to see if it solves the issue. Any special way to clear the code? I've just been pushing the "Reset" button to clear it.

I know this thread is a few months old now, but I am also having trouble with the error code 19. I will check all the connections under the tank and add the dielectric grease to see if it solves the issue. Any special way to clear the code? I've just been pushing the "Reset" button to clear it.

Yes there is a way to reset the error codes, look up diagnostic mode. The other day I got that damn error again. I am now 99% sure it is the kick stand down switch. I lubricated the switch with WD40 and it started working again.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back