Engine Vin

05Yam

i havent registared my motorcycle and some one just told me i will need my engines Vin #, I was also told it was on the back side of the engine by the shock. Sound about right?:wazzup:

i havent registared my motorcycle and some one just told me i will need my engines Vin #, I was also told it was on the back side of the engine by the shock. Sound about right?:wazzup:

Is that how they do it in Wisconsin??? Here in NY you only use the VIN from the frame. It should be on your title. I can't see using an engine VIN since it's entirely possible to change a bad motor or something and you would no longer have that VIN. Go on your state's DMV site and check out the regulations.

if you don't have the factory sticker on the left side, look on the head tube, left side to see it stamped there as well.

I never have paid attention to the numbers to see if they are different on the engine, I just alwyas assumed they were part numbers.

My friend in Minnesota is the one who mentioned it, So i was just going to get the information ready before i need it. Thanks all

Back