Engine Teardown - R1

I have been spending some time over at the R1 forum (looking at buying a dedicated track bike) and I came across this pictorial. I thought it was well done and had good pics.
I have been wanting to increase my understanding of motors. I have the basics but I haven't torn apart a motor since high school auto mechanics. So I thought I would post this and let you guys take a look.

How to:Tear down an R1 motor : Yamaha R1 Forum

I have been spending some time over at the R1 forum (looking at buying a dedicated track bike) and I came across this pictorial. I thought it was well done and had good pics.
I have been wanting to increase my understanding of motors. I have the basics but I haven't torn apart a motor since high school auto mechanics. So I thought I would post this and let you guys take a look.

How to:Tear down an R1 motor : Yamaha R1 Forum

LOL NEVER GUESS WHAT IVE BEEN DOING THE LAST FEW DAYS yep you guessed stripping my crash damaged fz1 engine:th_smiley_rotfl2[1] good thread that , dfferent yr r1 engine to mine but the principles are the same !!

LOL NEVER GUESS WHAT IVE BEEN DOING THE LAST FEW DAYS yep you guessed stripping my crash damaged fz1 engine:th_smiley_rotfl2[1] good thread that , dfferent yr r1 engine to mine but the principles are the same !!

LOL
Just saw your picture of the motor on the kitchen table.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
My first thought was "He is either single or he has the most awesome wife in the world"
In any case it looks like it's going well. Good luck with the project :cheers:

:shine:
LOL
Just saw your picture of the motor on the kitchen table.
HAHAHAHA!!!!!
My first thought was "He is either single or he has the most awesome wife in the world"
In any case it looks like it's going well. Good luck with the project :cheers:
:shine:Shes very forgiving lol i do make a good clean up when im done though:shine:

Back