Engine oil

Hi all,
I'm Brader from Kuala Lumpur owned FZ 1 09 since last 3 month.My question here :-
1.What is the engine oil grade for tropical climate (34c degree).My mechanic suggest to use bellray 10w 40.
2.What is the engine oil capacity? 2.9 litre or 2.7 litre.

Thanks in advance

Brader,KL Malaysia

I use Mobil 1 20w-50 full synthetic, 10w-40 is recommended in the manual. The bike runs hot when RPMs fall below 4k. Conventional mineral oil simply does not hold up in the Florida heat which is why I use synthetic.

Change the oil on the side stand, not the center. Capacity is around 4 US quarts. Check the sight glass while on the center stand.

Thank you for answering me,

Dear 2wheelmax,
What is the average yearly temperature in Florida?Just to make a comparison with Malaysia climate which is average 32c to 34c degree.
Actually i prefer to use yamalube, but not easy to get yamlube oil in Kuala Lumpur.

Dear 2wheelmax,
What is the average yearly temperature in Florida?Just to make a comparison with Malaysia climate which is average 32c to 34c degree.
Actually i prefer to use yamalube, but not easy to get yamlube oil in Kuala Lumpur.

South Florida is hot and humid with summers in the F90s C32+ and winters get into the F40s-50, C7 for a few days. Most of the time it is around F80 or C26.

oil

Hi, I am at Singapore and our climate temp is similar. As far that I tried, 10w40 worked well on FZ1. Currently I am using Amsoil.

Dear 2wheelmax,

Back