Engine Mileages of FZ1

This thread is for who's has the most mileages on the bike(FZ1) on the original engine.
please post yours only if your mileages is more than the last person that posted.
Since i started this, my is a 2009 model and only has 500 miles on its.
Let start!

Yea, and if I remember correctly another member, harra, has well over 80k miles on his. Mine on the other hand is like new...5640 miles to be exact ;)

I've been slacking though... the first year I had my bike.... I put on 17,000 miles.... then, I moved to Boone... where winter lasts 7 months out of the year, and it rains all summer...

Yeah, now approaching 54k. Sounds like a lot, but I really don't know how it happened. And this bike is the 06 bought new in Oct of 07. Just keep doing one of three twistie loops, mostly mon through friday, weather permitting, all three loops just over 150 miles. I do have one loop that is 350 miles, but I hardly do that one now because I kept running into a lot of tourist traffic the last couple times, (down the coast past Big Sur and back). 350 miles is my max on this bike.

I stop for fuel only, so I'm not gone like all freakin day.

Bike loves being used. Never touched the valves as it runs like a freakin rocket. Smooth as butter. Easily the best street bike I've ever owned.

www.kwsmotorsports.com will bore and re-coat, along with pistons and such items for a rebuild on the R1, and I'd supose, FZ1 block, along with a plethora of Hi-Po stuff. I'd think at over 100K that the whole motor/trans would be in need of attention. Gears, cams, crank, trans shafts etc. and the items could get a bit expensive at that point. It's likely you'd have got your moneys worth and it might be time for an 09 10-11 or 12 by then.

Last edited:
300,000 + fz1

Yea, I saw a posting from a friend stopped at a gas station in Kerrville, Texas and met an older women who had around 300,000 miles on a first gen FZ1. I think it was around a 2003-2004 model.

No issues at all with the bike except normal wear and tear.

FYI, a 70+ years old lady called Ardys Kellerman is known to ride 100,000 per year on her BMW!

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Fred

Back