engine management light stays on

Good day all

Have a 07 FZ1 with PC5 (no other engine mods) and 6900 miles on clock.Went on a b/fast run on Sun (100 miles 1 way).

Need advice on following.

On way there had no probs (besides freezin my nuts off-no rain).Left destination at about 11am (weather had cleared up). On way back home (approx 30 miles)had 2 stop 2 fix boot. As my mates had not waited for me, had 2 give a bit of gas 2 catch up. In 6th gear with throttle 2 stop saw maximum of 145 MPH on clocks at 10 000rpm , but would not go faster (flat road). can only think ambient temp (24-27 C) might have played a role. anyway to my problem.
approx 4 min into this top end run,the engine management light comes on. I get concerned and slow down to between 80 and 100mph. but here us the strange thing, there was no noticeable drop in performance (still rode another 70 miles which also included some stop start riding).
started bike this morning 2 c if problem temporary, but management light stays on (not intermittent). The temp gauge on trip back was between 91 - 103 C.

Can some1 pls advise. many thanks
Mark

If the temperature is that high, have you checked that you have a decent amount of coolant in your radiator and that it doesn't need changing? I'd also check that the two fans bolted to the back of the radiator are coming on correctly when the temperature trips over 100 celcius - you can see and hear them come on.

Back