engine light toying with me

papaageorgio

I saw on the forums here somewhere that people get the check engine light on cold days so I just ignored it since its been no higher than mid 30f here. Today its in the low 50s and I been noticing the same thing and its always the same behavior, 5min after start up light goes on 10min after that light turns off and stays off. This happens the same way regardless if im riding it or not.
I killed the engine while the light was on and I get error 48 = sub throttle motor lock up.
I seen you tube vid of what a bad servo sounds like but mine sounds and moves smooth when I opened it up to look at.
Any ideas? Did I just buy a temperamental brat of a bike :Liar: or is there a tech issue here im just not seeing?

Did you only get the error code after you shut down with the engine light on? It seems like you'd know it if your sub throttle plates were sticking, but if they are due to servo freeze-up it seems like you'd have severely reduced power delivery. If it keeps up I'd take it to a dealer. I've personally never had any problem with my 2008 unless I had a sensor unplugged when I turned it on.

ill look see if there is a difference in power delivery before and after the light. I don't think its a connection since its shows a pattern of on and off.
No the throttle response is the same all the way to 10k, Ill take it to a buds he knows more about volt testers and ill have him try your suggestion at the servo.

Back