engine light on acting strange

I have a 2006 has air box mod, two bros pipe. I just bought it like this so I installed a fce bike was fine no codes or light for about a half tank of fuel then filled up started running bad (surge at low rpm spitting kinda thing)then the next day running great again but the engine light is on. Checked codes got code 19 and 17 no big deal on those codes but after reset shows no codes but light still on. Also when I turn on the bike before starting there is a 20 in the display where the time should be goes off when I start it but didnt know what it meant. Ive only had the bike since December. It also seems like there is no choke when first starting rpm seems to stay at 1100 1200 but warms up and runs perfect. any clues let me know thanks

I would go back and check the FCE connections. Also it has been documented before that you'll get some codes with the FCE under certain conditions:

Cold temperatures and trying it to start the bike with the side stand down are two know conditions that cause codes to come up, especially code 20.

I have the FCE on my bike (it was on it when I bought it back in '09) and it will trigger code 20 if i try to start it with the side stand down (and clutch pulled in of course). The easy fix for that one is to only start it with the side stand up (if trying to start it in gear) of put it in neutral before starting it.

Back