Engine ice

I've used both Water Wetter and Engine Ice. Pretty much the same results. Temp drop of 7-10 degrees. Only drawback of Water Wetter, is no freeze protection.

Last two flushes were with Engine Ice. First time around I forgot to flush the system with distilled water first so I had it done at the valve check service. While I don't have a temp gauge on my GenI, I can say that I didn't feel the excessive heat while riding during the summer like I used to with the regular antifreeze, and this year we did 2 full days out in PA when it was 104/105 degrees with no issues running pretty high speeds on the interstate.

No change for me using Engine Ice. :( I expected some results but think it is actually a couple degrees hotter. I sure get a lot of heat from the bike!

No change for me using Engine Ice. :( I expected some results but think it is actually a couple degrees hotter. I sure get a lot of heat from the bike!

I think someone played a prank on you and swapped out the Engine Ice for that blue stuff you see in the barber shop that they soak the combs in!:p

20081028194805Barbicide_JPG.jpg

^ lmao.
Or it may be purely pcyshological for those that noticed a difference

I'm not too sure about that. Most of these posts are from GenII owners who have digital temp gauges. I know you'd really have to do a real world test with the same bike, same route, same time of day, same ambient temperature, etc. to be able to definitely say there is a difference, but if your regularly running at say 205 and now run 195/190, I'd say there may be a small difference.

I am going to ask you the same question I always ask my wife. That question always gets me in trouble so I am bracing...

Did you do it right?

:th_dftt[1]:

I'll ask an obvious question ..... other than a slightly lower temp coming back on to you as a rider what's the advantage? Running a lower temp does not automatically mean it is better for the engine, performance or longevity. I had my bike out the other day after we have had a little bit cooler temps (mid 80's) and my temp never got above 172 out on the open road.

I like it but have not used it in my FZ1 yet. I have been running it in my Banshee ATV for a couple years though. Seems to help that a lot and it is more environmentally friendly.

I'll ask an obvious question ..... other than a slightly lower temp coming back on to you as a rider what's the advantage? Running a lower temp does not automatically mean it is better for the engine, performance or longevity. I had my bike out the other day after we have had a little bit cooler temps (mid 80's) and my temp never got above 172 out on the open road.

I agree 100% with you. For me I wont bother with it. When I change the coolant I go with the premix stuff (coolant/distilled water). Works for me and it's cheaper...

I bought it earlier this year figuring it wouldn't do any harm and I could run it at a track day. After putting it in I found it it didn't do any harm, or make any real appreciable difference. I also found out they didn't care if I was running unicorn whiz much less regular coolant in the beginner group at the track :laugh2: Looking back I wouldn't bother buying it again.

Back