Emergency stopping on new FZ1N

Sitt

Just got myself a 2010 FZ1N yesterday, so far loving the bike, however, one concern cropped up yesterday when I was seeing what the bike was capable of in regard to emergency stops. I'm used to my bike stopping without the back end coming up off the ground with the FZ1 I felt the rear tyre lift off the ground too easily I thought. I'm now concerned about taking a dive over the handlebars if the situation ever arose where I would need to apply more pressure to the front brakes to stop in an emergency. Is it a case of setting up the suspension to my weight or are all FZ1's like this?

Just got myself a 2010 FZ1N yesterday, so far loving the bike, however, one concern cropped up yesterday when I was seeing what the bike was capable of in regard to emergency stops. I'm used to my bike stopping without the back end coming up off the ground with the FZ1 I felt the rear tyre lift off the ground too easily I thought. I'm now concerned about taking a dive over the handlebars if the situation ever arose where I would need to apply more pressure to the front brakes to stop in an emergency. Is it a case of setting up the suspension to my weight or are all FZ1's like this?

It has very good brakes. Just keep practicing. Any bike with good brakes will do the same unless it has ABS.

i'm confused, you never use your front and rear brake together to stop quickly?

EDIT: nevermind i misread your post. like they said just practice until you feel confident.

Emergency braking

I agree keep practicing, the brakes are quite powerful but it depends on what you are used to. When I bought my FZ1 my previous bike was a 1981 GS 750 it was a real wake up call. I have since road a 2010 R1 and those brakes are even more powerful. Practice on a parking lot with your emergency breaking but then again I am a Instructor for the gearing uo program. Remember push, pull, tap, tap, tap.

I think the FZ1's brakes are very linear and easy to control, yet powerful. My old FJR1300 had way too touchy rear brake and it was easy to lock it up in moderate stops. No such issues with the FZ. Keep practicing.

FZ1 can be considered to be heavy towards the front, leading to a rear lock pretty easily when you downshift/throw clutch and brake at the same time.

ride more and get used to the braking.. it takes time to get to know about your ride..

learn the bike well, and it will take care of you..

Like you say "Practise Practise Practise".
Been out on the bike for a few hours this afternoon and just love the bike more and more... Awesome power and sound!
Although I'am thinking about heated grips - its mid winter here and was bloody cold...

I have had mine for about three months and in that time have done two emergency stops (good people of London stepping out into the road without looking when they are on their Blackberry's) and both times the back end has come up. The last time i thought I was definitely going for a face plant but on both occassions the back has dropped straight back down and sorted itself out. As people say the brakes are awesome and i came from a CBR 600. The brakes on that were rubbish in comparisson - so it is just a case of getting used to it.

I have had mine for about three months and in that time have done two emergency stops (good people of London stepping out into the road without looking when they are on their Blackberry's) and both times the back end has come up.

I love it when that happens! Seriously!

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back