Ed's TLR stage 2 (Paint)

fazer1sniper

Finally in the base color. I have to admit a big V-twin super bike looks good red. And it's Damn RED:beer:

w01.jpg

w012.jpg

w013.jpg

w011.jpg

Wow, that is red! And you're right a sporting v-twin looks good in red even if it's not Italian. Can't wait to see the finished project!

It's looking great Sniper! I like the fade from Black to Red. I can't wait to see the finished product. Aside from the paint and bodywork, how is the chassis and mechanical coming along?

Got it locked down for the most part. Had most of the chassis repairs locked down and it she cheked out to be intact. Did pull the left clip on and replaced a sheered odd bolt. She needs front pads ASAP and the tunning in for the pipe mod gotta wait till paint is done and the tank is installed.

It is stenceled & airbrushed. My first attempt at it too! I wanted to do some stuff I had never done with this build and using the airbrush and doing the fade to red off the black panels was an effect I liked. The point of the painting of the wind screen was for a few reasons. 1- it was bright gold. 2- it had a 10 inch crack down it & the repair, no mater how many times I tried, was never gonna look like new. So the pateren of the gaphic hides the imperfection. And 3- there is alot of fabricated diamond plate in the swing arm area and it brings it together a bit wit th whole bike.

I'm going to fade the black some more into the red but keep the red as the main bike color. The belly pan is in the black and will be faded into the side panels. This bike will be striped in pure/linen white with a silver pin stripe around that graphic. Clear/hard coat and i get to fuel it up, tune the power commander, install the new brake pads (when the owner buys them) and get her on the street. Hopefully before snow

The Suzuki bake rear caliper is more plastic cover than anything else. Red caliper paint would draw more attention to the cheip looking plastic than a good proformance part (like the front 6 piston). It's kinda crappy looking and I dont wanna draw visual attention to it.

OK, Started the white graphics and black fades. I'm nearly out of supplies and have yet to go get the clear/hard coat top paint.Waiting on cash to finish up. And to top it off may camera batteries are toast so pics are blurry. Hope its good 'nuff to show where its at.

wwa01.jpg

wwa02.jpg

wwa03.jpg

wwa04.jpg

placed some more stripes. will be adding som pinstripe today. Kinda just killing time waiting on another few bucks from the owner to cover clear coat & hardner to finish this beast!
xoct01.jpg

xoct011.jpg

xoct13.jpg

The bar ends were scuffed up good, had some fake carbon fiber look on them, chucked them in the lathe and turned out the scuffs and polished them up a bit. Most paint & strips are done. will scuff them up a bit and get ready to clear everthing tiss week sometime when I'm free.
bar1.jpg

bar3.jpg

pz001.jpg

pz008.jpg

pz012.jpg

pz014.jpg

Back