Ecunleashed flash

Hey gents,already asked this question in 1 of the threads related to flashes. I'm sure Hellgate will have the answer,but anyone that knows please chime in...Anyways getting ecunleashed flash as title suggests and mounting arrow header as well which has tapped bung for O2 sensor. Question is do I have to reinstall the sensor w/ the flashed ecu,or do I run without??? Thanks in advance!

IIRC you run without it.

Ask the shop that is doing the flash and they will tell you for sure.

Reason being my Tuono and Stevlio are both flashed and run the O2 sensor.

Each flash brand is a little different from one another on what settings they change because each ECU has different capabilities from make to make.

Sorry I can't be more definitive.

Regardless, enjoy your transformed ride!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Just an added bit of information. When I got my ECU flashed by ECUnleashed, they told me to remove Ivan's FCE as their flash already removed the fuel cut. I did this, however was disappointed as the fuel cut is still very much present after the flash. I will be installing Ivan's FCE again this weekend.

On another note, the changes in ignition timing were great and the bike sounded much more race-bred from the moment I installed the ECU. The fuel maps were a fair bit off (on the rich side) so I modified my PCV fuel maps on our dyno and made a further 5HP from fuel changes alone.

Just an added bit of information. When I got my ECU flashed by ECUnleashed, they told me to remove Ivan's FCE as their flash already removed the fuel cut. I did this, however was disappointed as the fuel cut is still very much present after the flash. I will be installing Ivan's FCE again this weekend.

On another note, the changes in ignition timing were great and the bike sounded much more race-bred from the moment I installed the ECU. The fuel maps were a fair bit off (on the rich side) so I modified my PCV fuel maps on our dyno and made a further 5HP from fuel changes alone.

You should have gone with Ivan's flash, it comes with a PCV Map and no fuel cut guaranteed.

Sent from my Nexus 5

Zowne,

Obviously from what you say, you can still feel fuel cut (without the fce) even after the flash. Ivan offered a quick easy test to see if the basics of the fuel cut system were still active. Here's what he said to do:

"The easiest way to tell if fuel cut is disabled is to look at the rpms in the power commander software during decel. The PC3/5 gets it's rpms from the injectors.

If the RPM display does not freeze or disappear, then the injectors are still running.

If the RPM display freezes or disappears, then fuel cut is still active.

Ivan"

It would be interesting to see if the Ecunleashed flash passes this test. If not, I personally would be pretty disappointed; ask for a refund. Having to keep the FCE after a reflash is pretty basic fail! According to Uno on the FZ10a site Ivans test will not ensure all aspects of the decel fuel cut have been removed, but I would think that it is a good place to start.

Well it hasn't been sent out yet,but at the same time I'd like to avoid a piggyback controller if i can. I don't see any harm in running an O2 if its still serving a functional purpose and helps the ecu make adjustments,just needed to know. Meanwhile everyone is running Ivan's so I have no doubt that would be aces. I might just just run an FCE for the time being if necessary,cash is getting tight after all the buys lol! What shop did you get yours done @ Hellgate? I have to ship to a U.S. shop anyways as the one that was licensed to do the ecunleashed flash in B.C. Canada closed/lost license. Only one up here. Thanks for the info boys!

Sorry been awhile,but can report this... Definitely worth the money. If the fuel cut is still there,its not noticeable/very negligable. Feels like I'm riding my old carb yzf750. Night and day difference. And gears 1-3 are insane now. Pulls like a freight train. To define that a bit my bike was due for plugs,air filter,and coolant so I did all this at the same time: Arrow header,ais blockoff,graves stacks,flies,bmc filter,and airbox mod. Had my flash done by Powerhouse Motorcycles in NJ,guy's name is frank. Easy transaction and 2 day turnaround. $450 well spent imo. Anyways thanks for all the help/info/input gents!! Also fyi you run O2 if you're not running a piggyback. Fueling is damn close,maybe a tad rich at some points as Zowne stated.

Couple of pics of Blacky as she is currently....

Attachments

• IMG_1019.jpg
    IMG_1019.jpg
    259.2 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_1017.jpg
    IMG_1017.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 134
  • IMG_1018.jpg
    IMG_1018.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 127
Thanks. Yes sir it is. He does nice work,quality piece. I'm working on a tail section with no grab handles. That'll clean it up even more. Probably have it ready for the fall. PA 6.6 isn't easy plastic to work with so I'm gonna have to find left and right lowers that aren't too smacked up. I'm gonna document what I do in case others want to copy.

Or you could get the naked rear end, no handles on that. (an older poor photp from my phone camera)

Attachments

• ride.jpg
    ride.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 86
Or you could get the naked rear end, no handles on that. (an older poor photp from my phone camera)

Nice bike! Ya I thought about going that route,but I really like how the S tail looks. Looks more like r1/r6. Besides I need something to do at night. Im a machinist,and little custom projects like this remind me of when it was fun instead of a load of problems. Already have a nice used S tail too that I picked up for $200. Handles already cut off so Im in for the long haul now. Thanks for your input though bud!

Back