Ecu

Hi All,

Where is the ECU located on the Gen2. I have been getting an intermitant code 19 when I turn on the ignition. I have temporarily bypassed the sidestand switch, and I still sometimes get the error 19. I just want to check that all connections to the ECU are good.

Many thanks

It is under the airbox up at the steering head. You need to lift the tank by removing the inner fairings and tank cowl, then remove the airbox, both top and bottom.

Get some dielectric grease to coat all connections with, uplug, grease and re-plug. Do any connection you can lay hands on.

Typical!

I was wondering yesterday where it was as I was buttoning the tank back up after a filter change and I was almost there :teeter:

Hi FZ1inNH,

Many thanks for the info, as Mattsplat noted, typical, I was right there when I bypassed the sidestand switch at the connector on the harness. I dont think the switch is faulty, seems very well made, I think it is just a bad connection somewhere.

Hi All,

Where is the ECU located on the Gen2. I have been getting an intermitant code 19 when I turn on the ignition. I have temporarily bypassed the sidestand switch, and I still sometimes get the error 19. I just want to check that all connections to the ECU are good.

Many thanks

Do you have one of my FCE's?

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

Nope, but to import anything to South Africa is not feasible, as our currency as R7.50 to the US $ at the moment, and then we have to pay ridiculous import duties, which makes things hellish expensive on our side. Many thanks anyways.

All the best

Hi Ivan,

Nope, but to import anything to South Africa is not feasible, as our currency as R7.50 to the US $ at the moment, and then we have to pay ridiculous import duties, which makes things hellish expensive on our side. Many thanks anyways.

All the best

He's not trying to sell you anything mate.

Code 19 is the sidestand switch most likely an open circuit...

It is possible to have a bad relay/diode box too... you need to test the switch connections/wiring, and the switch itself with an ohm meter... wiggle the wires and connections and watch the meter... this kind of stuff is pretty easy to identify if you are methodical and patient.

All of these tests are in the service manual and multi-testers are pretty cheap these days.

Good luck,

Ivan

Hi Ivan,

I tested the switch when it originally started with the problem, seems fine, cleaned the switch out and lightly sanded the terminals inside. Checked the resistance on both wires, no problem. Code 19 still randomly came on when the key was turned on, so I bypassed the switch at the harness, and I still sometimes get the code 19, especially when the tank is close to empty. I think that there is probably a bad or loose connection at the ECU, will check it over the weekend. If that solves the problem, I will reconnect the sidestand switch

Many thanks

Back