ECU remap or power commander?

Only had my FZ1n for 2 weeks now, changed the end can and its been bogging down when pulling off (almost feeling like it's about to stall) ever since.

Currently debating whether to go for a power commander (if so, which one?) or to get the standard ECU remapped.

Iv'e found a place quite local to me called Hilltop motorcycles. He seems very knowledgeable and seems to think he can sort this problem and 'transform' the bike. For this he charges £360 all in, which is a ride in - ride out service, he says it would take around 2-3 hours, and i would be able to watch the whole process as he feels it's important the owner learns and understands what is happening to his / her bike.
What i like about this is that iv'e read that there is more to the bike that can be accessed and tuned, therefore giving a greater outcome. What i don't like is the fact that i will be paying £360 with nothing physical to show for it at the end, so if i sold the bike i could not think about taking it off and selling it separately.

The alternative is the ever so popular power commander. I do not know much about these or the ignition modules so if anyone has any advice i would be extremely grateful.
Again i have found another local garage who can supply and fit power commanders. he said it would be £420 including a custom map which would be done on a dyno. Or if i could source my own Power commander then it would be £100 for the map.
The obvious bonus with this is that i would be able to sell it if i ever wanted to. Plus there is no guarantee that i would NEED a custom map, what with all the maps on here and other sites i could find one that sorts out my problem and improves / smooths out my bike.

Can anyone give any opinions as to what they would do? and reasons why?

Thanks for reading and i look forward to any replies!

Simon.

Without opening a can of worms, as this topic has been beaten to death on both sites, the reflash is a better value. You gain much more for your dollar; fuel adjustment, timing, restrictions removed, fuel cut removed, smoother, etc. With a Power Commander, unless you pony up for the ignition module, it only allows you to adjust fuel.

As far as physically not showing anything, one ride will change your mind. If you want a physical object, maybe fuzzy dice???

Nomex on.

I would like to have an opinion of the flash based on my own experience, but I don't. If you can get it flashed with a custom tune for your bike, then I would probably do it. Otherwise, it has been proven many times over that you can get great results with a Power Commander, Ignition module and FCE.

Could go with a power commander now, when you have all the mods done that you want you could sell it and get a flash. Only downside is needing to get another flash if you do much more modding. If all you plan on doing is a can I would say go with the flash.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9860 using Tapatalk

From what I've read on both forums about 50% of the people are happy with the ECU flash............ the other 50% not so much.

The flashes are generic and leave you with no options for fine tuning if its not running correctly.

From what I've read on both forums about 50% of the people are happy with the ECU flash............ the other 50% not so much.

The flashes are generic and leave you with no options for fine tuning if its not running correctly.

That's the main problem...that they are generic and not necessarily tailored to your specific mods. Really no different than running a generic map on your PC, except the map can be "tweaked".

thanks for the replies guys.
I know its a personal decision, but what would you do? PC or ECU remap? both prices almost the same.

Also has anyone here heard of an FZ1 bogging down when pulling off? after a slipon change or just in general?

Simon.

Back