ECU error code

bikemad61

Hi guys
I have error code 24, (o2 sensor) showing, How do I remedy this?
1. Replace offending sensor?
2. Bypass said errant sensor?
3. Studiously ignore annoying warning light?
Where is the sensor located?
As an aside I no longer get popping on the overrun but also the bike previously started first touch of the button and now it needs a little coaxing.
Any help greatly appreciated.

The Yamaha manual doesn't give any figures for testing the O2 sensor so its just going to be a case of changing it to see if its faulty.
Have you got any friends with an FZ1 that you could swap sensors with to test?

To find the sensor, its located in the exhaust about 4 inches in front of the silencer clamp. If I remember correctly, its on the left side of the pipe.

I'm not sure how the bike would run without an O2 sensor if you're running it stock. If you're running a Power Commander it'll be fine without the O2 sensor but I don't know about a standard bike.

It's only £15 so it might be worth a try?

Have you priced up a replacement O2 sensor, they're not too expensive secondhand.

O2 / OXYGEN SENSOR 06 07 08 FZ6 FZ1 FZ-6 Fazer FZ-1: eBay Motors (item 310104125441 end time Oct-17-10 21:56:11 PDT)

Graves velocity stacks, k&n filter, Lars airbox mod, modded flies, FCE, Decatted, Two Brothers can and a Power Commander. Lifted the tank and found that the connection was disconnected, I was delighted and reconnected it but still the light remains?

Graves velocity stacks, k&n filter, Lars airbox mod, modded flies, FCE, Decatted, Two Brothers can and a Power Commander. Lifted the tank and found that the connection was disconnected, I was delighted and reconnected it but still the light remains?

Generally error code lights don't go away immediately after the problem is fixed. You will probably have to ride the bike a certain number of miles while the ecu continues scanning for a problem or unplug the battery for a few minutes to clear the code.

When you are using a Powercomander you want the O2 sensor to be disconnected. When it is connected you will override the Powercommander.

You can start and ride the bike with this code without doing any harm.

Back