Ebay fz1n conversion kit?

As the title states i was wondering if anyone on here has any experience with the fz1n conversion kit from motomart11 on ebay. The price of this kit is about half of what some of the other kits i have seen on other sites and i was wondering if this was to good to be true. He has good feedback and the people who bought it haven't said anything bad about it but i wanted to get some personal feedback my self before pulling the trigger on ordering it. :tup:

Link to the add: Headlight Set Head Light Assembly for Yamaha FZ1N 2006 2009 2007 2008 Motorcycle | eBay

I would ask if it comes with all the bolts, grommets, and other screws necessary. Also, if it includes the clutch perch, that was $25 for just that. I also purchased an Fz8 master cylinder for the drilled and tapped mirror mount on the right, or you would have to drill and tap the Fz1 master cylinder. Those mirrors looks cheap. I would check out some Rizoma or I went with the Fz8 mirrors.

It is about half price as the partshark kit. Although keep in mind the $711 partshark kit comes with the Fz1n rad guards which I would strongly encourage as including, it definitely helps pull the look together, and I wish I would have purchased those.

This looks promising!

I haven't bought this kit; but I have purchased the Chinese version of the headlight assembly. I have owned a true Yamaha component and the fit and finish between the two is nearly indistinguishable.

May have to pull the trigger on this and see how it goes!

I would ask if it comes with all the bolts, grommets, and other screws necessary. Also, if it includes the clutch perch, that was $25 for just that. I also purchased an Fz8 master cylinder for the drilled and tapped mirror mount on the right, or you would have to drill and tap the Fz1 master cylinder. Those mirrors looks cheap. I would check out some Rizoma or I went with the Fz8 mirrors.

It is about half price as the partshark kit. Although keep in mind the $711 partshark kit comes with the Fz1n rad guards which I would strongly encourage as including, it definitely helps pull the look together, and I wish I would have purchased those.

I asked him if all of the hardware was included with it and am waiting on a reply. If he claims it does i think it might be worth a shot to try it out since it is so much cheaper than the others. Ill be sure to keep everyone updated!

If you think about it partshark had the Euro headlight kit market cornered for awhile, if this guy found a cheap way to get the parts, it makes sense to undersell them.

I asked him if all of the hardware was included with it and am waiting on a reply. If he claims it does i think it might be worth a shot to try it out since it is so much cheaper than the others. Ill be sure to keep everyone updated!

I did the exact same thing!

Here is his response:

Hi, thank you very much for your interests.

Sorry, no fasteners included in this set also there is no mistake on the mount part. If you buy this set, you will receive all pieces shown in the photo. Thank you!

Kind regards,

The second answer is in response to my question about the headlight stay pictured in the ad. The stay appears to be for the FZ6N headlight.

If you think about it partshark had the Euro headlight kit market cornered for awhile, if this guy found a cheap way to get the parts, it makes sense to undersell them.
Do you have a list of the fittings? Screws grommets nuts etc. from Partshark that you could list up here?

Alright so I found the pics that I took of everything that came in my kit. I did not or at least can't find where I wrote out the part list, (I think I did but this was about 7 months ago when I did the conversion).

permalinks are here.
http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-stre...ght-convesion-kit-get-naked-2.html#post158337

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-stre...ght-convesion-kit-get-naked-2.html#post158338

I'll keep searching around for the list that I may have wrote down. Hopefully from the pics you can get an idea of the fasteners needed. Also check the Fz1OA website, somebody there wrote down a list of the fasteners but not the part numbers, so maybe in combination with my pics of the part numbers and their list a complete list can be formed.

I just figured out the total items needed but again, didn't match the part number to the items.

http://www.998cc.org/forum/fz1-stre...ght-convesion-kit-get-naked-2.html#post158341

Last edited:
http://www.partshark.com/eshopprod_cat_5661_product_906959.Euro_Style_FZ-1_Headlight_

Forget ebay. They sale crappie part. My bud got the conversion kit the same day I got from parts shark . It's so different. Like the fake one. $350 vs $ 589 part shark for oem Yamaha parts...lol

Back