Easy way to get center stand down?

Any tips for one person to get center stand down? Where do you put left and right hand etc? I've tried 3x and can't get it to work. I'm on my garage floor and it just keeps sliding. Tried concrete drive and still no luck. Am I not pushing hard enough?

I had the same issue till a friend showed me how to do it. It's really easy. Just rock the bike back and up and make sure to place your right hand under the front seat grabbing the frame. Then push down hard on the center stand and the bike should pop up!

How I was doing it wrong was I was pushing the bike back with my hand on the rear seat while pushing down on the stand. That doesn't work. Let me know if you need pics. I can run down and take some real quick.

Last edited:
center stand

Left hand holding left handlebar grip, right foot on centerstand and rght hand holding front of left passenger footpeg bracket, (pulling up). Gives you lots of leverage to pop it up on stand.:innocent:

First, push the bike up from the side stand to about straight up. Then begin to push down with your right foot on the centerstand so that both footrests touch the ground. If you're doing this right, you can literally let go of the bike at this point, while you are pressing down on the centerstand with your right foot and the bike will stay up with no hands! Then, while keeping your right foot on the centerstand, you must hold the handlebar (left hand), pull rearwards and up on the grab rail (right hand) and stand on the centerstand all at the same time. So now your going from just pressing on the centerstand to literally standing on it (transferring all your weight to your right foot) so you will go in the air, like you're climbing a step. It's technique and not muscle. I've seen 6'4" 300 pound guys who fought with it and couldn't get it on the centerstand and 5' 100 pounders throw it on the centerstand as if they were mighty mouse. Practice it and soon you'll literally have to hold yourself back from throwing it up too fast. There's nothing wrong with you or the bike. Just some ingenious engineering, that if not done exactly the way they designed it will make anyone look like a chimp, including me as I fought with my 212 pound Yamaha Zuma while the sales guy got his laughs for the week.

Back