Easy Mods: Mirrors, Front Signals

I have been scouring the intertoobes looking for these item and I have found quite a lot stuff. I was hoping to look to the forums experience about good products and bad products and the technical issues with install.
A few question I have are: If I buy bar end mirrors will have have to get special bar ends? If I get LED signals will I have to get a new relay or extra electrical equipment to go along with it?
Thanks for answering my nubie questions.
Solstice22

Bar end weights are screw in, I fitted R&G ones but with a 14mm Rawlplug in the bars, they arent going anywhere.

Im almost sure you will need a relay for LEDs, not 100% as this bike is new to me.

I've seen two different types of mirrors. My originals (cheap off eBay) had an insert that fit in the end of the bar (took the stock bar-end weights off). Once the insert was in, you tightened a bolt and it expanded the insert until it was tight. The ends I have now are threaded to match the inside of the bar and are machined to fit the mirrors. They screw in.

Buying the new relay is a good bet if you switch to LED signals. It's an inexpensive part from CustomLED: Custom LED Electronic LED Flasher Blinker Relay - Plug And Play

My bike came with aftermarket indicators which worked fine, but the hazards would not work, until i added the CustomLED ELFR-1, its cheap easy to install and a straight replacement for the stock unit.

I straight up replaced my stock blinkers with LEDs - nothing fancy, just the cheap ones from eBay. Didn't do any new relays or resistors or a controller or anything and everything is fine. My blinkers and hazards both work normally. The blinkers blink a little bit faster than stock, but nothing crazy. Maybe 30% faster. The stock blinkers are kinda slow though so I don't think it's a big deal.

If I get LED signals will I have to get a new relay or extra electrical equipment to go along with it?

Like i64X said. I like them flashing faster. Imparts a sense of urgency, hopefully getting the guys on my 6 attention. You can also add in other "secondary" lights.

terdog-albums-pics-picture3845-cell-fz-pics-016.jpg

terdog-albums-pics-picture3844-cell-fz-pics-015.jpg

Proton flush mounts

My proton flush mounts had built in resistors that kept the blink rate close to normal. Simple installation as well. When I was looking for replacement turn signals not all of them were wired for running lights. Might be something to keep an eye out for.

I have CRG Arrow mirrors and the quality is top notch. I used special bar ends to mount them (I think I detailed it in my build thread). Every time I've ever mixed LED lights on a bike it increases the flash rate, but you can find inexpensive inline solutions.

Back